cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Why give a Kudo and why apply to Connect Live event 2018

Hello!

I have received the following private message:

Hello, I am relatively new at Local Guides and I am not so familiar with its rules and procedures.

How come that you gave me a Kudo? Thanks for that but I don't know why, for what reasons? ?I

I've got a mail from the Local Guides Management telling me that I am qualified to apply for this LG Summit in San Francisco in Oct.this year. I sent a short presentation on me but I'm not sure if it's enough. Can you tell me honestly what my chances are to be admitted? I'm so sorry to bother you but you were amongst few members to contact me. Would very much appreciate your answer. I speak French too in case you prefer this language.Au plaisir de vous lire, 

I decided to post the message and reply in the forum because I feel that the subject may interest more than one Local Guide.

There is more than one explanation to the reasons why Local Guides give Kudos, you will find many replies by searching the community (input kudo in the search field on the top of the LocalGuideConnect screen). I gave a Kudo to your post because I read it. Giving a kudo allows me to keep a track of what I read, sometime I want to read again a post and going to the list of the kudos I gave helps me to find the posts I have read. In addition I feel that giving a kudo is a good deed, a very small one indeed but not very costly.

Honestly,I have no idea of your chance to be admitted to the Connect Live event in San Francisco in Oct.this year. I would advise you to apply for the pleasure of making an application. The application process helps you to think about yourself and to use up do date internet technology, so you learn a lot in the application process whatever the result of your application. If you want additional thought on the subject, I found Do I have a chance to be selected for Summit 2018 ? , by @filiphrkel with a reply accepted as solution by @Shirley