filiphrkel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Do I have a chance to be selected for Summit 2018 ?

Hi everyone, I am thinking about to apply for the Summit 2018, but I haven't been really active with this forum.

My name is Filip Hrkel, I am 29 years old originally from Slovakia, actually living in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. 

I love mountains and mountain life, that's Why i choose this amazing place to live, study and work.  I graduated Marketing and Media Manager at Whistler Adventure School this year. I finished courses Photography, photo-editing, videography, video-editing, event planning, social media, and marketing. I choose this school to improve my skills and experience in different country and different language and because I like learning and improving.

I started with creating websites about 15 years ago, when I was at high school. I started to learn myself using google tool to understand how to create websites and push it in google search. Thank you google for all resources you bring it to me. I know it's one of the best engine on internet, and people are using it more and more, as it's getting better and user friendly. I am still studying google garage, analytics, google Adwords, webmaster tool, and would like to discover more.

I really enjoy to be Local Guide, and I love to share my photos and reviews with other people and help them to choose and discover. I have about 1,5 million views on my photos and I am verified photographer and google business manager. I really love virtual tours and would like to contribute in better quality of my images.

My hobbies are hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, split boarding, photography, videography and play piano. My hobbies are bringing me to explore new places, discover new attractions and show people different angle. On my website you can see mostly panoramic photos, feel free to check my portfolio.

Thank you all to check and answers. Have a nice day and good luck with your applications. 
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Do I have a chance to be selected for Summit 2018 ?

Hey @filiphrkel
Welcome to Local Guides Connect. I'm actually not too far from you! I'm in Vancouver!! I generally frequent Whistler quick often, both for snowboarding in the winter and also just some wandering around/outdoor activities in the summer! I'll be there in a couple of weeks, hopefully for some last minute spring season boarding.
I invite you to check out the following posts so you can get the most out of your experience here on Connect.

You're definitely eligible to submit an application for Connect Live (it's no longer called a summit for 2018). Being active here is one of the selection criteria, but they also look for high-quality consistent contributions to Google Maps and involvement in the community. Full details on the FAQ page. You can begin contributing here as well by introducing yourself on the monthly introduction thread.

Let me know if you're ever down in Vancouver! We could meet up. 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hey @filiphrkel
Welcome to Local Guides Connect. I'm actually not too far from you! I'm in Vancouver!! I generally frequent Whistler quick often, both for snowboarding in the winter and also just some wandering around/outdoor activities in the summer! I'll be there in a couple of weeks, hopefully for some last minute spring season boarding.
I invite you to check out the following posts so you can get the most out of your experience here on Connect.

You're definitely eligible to submit an application for Connect Live (it's no longer called a summit for 2018). Being active here is one of the selection criteria, but they also look for high-quality consistent contributions to Google Maps and involvement in the community. Full details on the FAQ page. You can begin contributing here as well by introducing yourself on the monthly introduction thread.

Let me know if you're ever down in Vancouver! We could meet up. 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 6

Dear Member or Friend Kindly Consider on these fatcs

• Fantastic contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months
  • Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a Connect moderatormeet-up host and active Connect contributor
  • The ability to understand and speak English