AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Why Local Guides are mapping public toilets in Delhi

@AradhanaB 

Good, it may help in improving toilet facilities in and around Delhi.

@AtmaR

@SUMIT

@Madwan7

@RtnArulPrakasamT

@AradhanaB wrote:

public-restrooms-email (1).png

Where do you go when you need to go? The world is full of interesting toilets, and most of us are fortunate enough to have access to one type or another. But 2.3 billion people have no way to use sanitary facilities, according to the World Health Organization. That’s a serious public health concern, since poor sanitation can cause diseases to spread.

In India, this is the motivation for Swachh Bharat Mission, a nationwide movement that aims to clean up the county in honor of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday in 2019. (Gandhi was a famous advocate for cleanliness. “Sanitation is more important than political independence,” he once said.) The goal is to build more than 12 million toilets across India.

Google wants to help by making it easier for everyone to find a place to go. And if you’re a Local Guide in Delhi NCR, you can join the mission. Just search “public toilet” on Google Maps, then rate and review toilets near you. If you know of one that’s not listed, add it.

Level 6

AradhanaB, Thanks for sharing this. Its really a good initiative you guys have started. And I will say this should start by every local guide in india. It is most important to find a good toilet when you are traveling.

Here is my story

I was traveling with a patient last month from Delhi to Muzaffarnagar(UP). And patient asked me to find a toilet as he was feeling pressure. We search most of the petrol pumps and were not able to find the western style toilet.

After a long search, I saw a public toilet and unfortunately jet water was out of service there. Hope you guys  understand how difficulty we faced that time.

I would request to all not just public toilet, we should review petrol station's facility. And don't forget to write the type of toilet. 😛

@AradhanaB wrote:

Where do you go when you need to go? The world is full of interesting toilets, and most of us are fortunate enough to have access to one type or another. But 2.3 billion people have no way to use sanitary facilities, according to the World Health Organization. That’s a serious public health concern, since poor sanitation can cause diseases to spread.

In India, this is the motivation for Swachh Bharat Mission, a nationwide movement that aims to clean up the county in honor of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday in 2019. (Gandhi was a famous advocate for cleanliness. “Sanitation is more important than political independence,” he once said.) The goal is to build more than 12 million toilets across India.

Google wants to help by making it easier for everyone to find a place to go. And if you’re a Local Guide in Delhi NCR, you can join the mission. Just search “public toilet” on Google Maps, then rate and review toilets near you. If you know of one that’s not listed, add it.

@AradhanaB wrote:

toilet

Level 9

@AradhanaB thanks for share this information. This information should help to find public toilet in India.

Level 6

This is a great feature - I tried doing this for parts of Mumbai I visit, but there was no way to add the same via the Google Maps mobile app.This was about 6 months earlier.

My take on this is - when you need to go, you definitely need to go!

Level 8

Thanks for sharing this information @AradhanaB

Level 8

I am with swach Bharat abhiayan so started adding toilet's too on maps few months ago 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really interenting story @AradhanaB. Thank you so much for share. 😉 Greetings from Ronda Malaga Spain

Level 10

wow great news @AradhanaB  last year Bangladesh Local guides arrange same contest in Dhaka city  Dhaka Public toilet mapup 

hope you like this 

@OSAMA @Amitesh_Gayen  @NareshDarji   @mhjn  are you see this  Dhaka city Public toilet map up Opening Program

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Thank you @MahabubMunna 😊👌👍😊👌👍

@OSAMA wrote:

This is good for local and tourists @NareshDarji 😊👍

Thank you @AradhanaB 😊

Level 9

It's great idea. Fantastic