cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Why I love doors and how I take photos of them

Level 9

Nice shots! Doors can certainly have character.

I'm always drawn to the old battered ones near where I live. Here's a couple of shots:

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 22.11.19.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-02 at 22.11.33.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-02 at 22.12.37.png

Level 8

Hello @TsekoV Thank you for reply. The Georgian doors are found in Dublin City ( not suburbs) They are usually brightly coloured to add colour to brighten up the city in long grey skies of winter. Here is an example of the coloursGeorgian DoorsGeorgian Doors

Former Google Contributor

The door is quite beautiful @davidhynoand for sure matches the specific feeling of this ancient library. Could you also share with us some more details about this ancient library?

Really beautiful doors @Stuart_C, one can feel the spirit of the place.

Looking at all those colors for sure can brighten up your day @Eire27. I guess Dublin must be very colorful and a vivid place to be.

Thanks for sharing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Here is also a photo I would like to share with you Local Guides. I took this photo yesterday while travelling and exploring my own country - Bansko, Bulgaria. One can feel the spirit of my culture.A photo of a traditional Bulgarian door on a white wall decorated with stones. (Local Guide @TsekoV)A photo of a traditional Bulgarian door on a white wall decorated with stones. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Lovely photo of lovely traditional Bulgarian door and culture. I have seen nice Bulgarian culture in Nessebar, Bulgaria. Have a good day @TsekoV

Thank you for the kind words @Eire27. I know Nessebar is quite famous with its Old Town where you can see many traditional houses and this kind of doors. Would be more than happy if you can share one day a post about your stay there.

Looking forward to seeing it. Have fun and see you around! 🙂

Level 7

Here is a old building wth the sliding doors at Full-O-Pep Feed feeding all the livestock Ful-O-Pep FeedFul-O-Pep Feed

Level 10

Hi @TsekoV and nice to meet you!

Thank you for the question about this library. It is one of the oldest historical bookstores in Vicenza that has changed more owners over time but fortunately has always maintained a certain selection of books that still makes it one of the best to look for some book outside the bestsellers titles. It is located inside an old historic building (about 1500 dc) : Palazzo da Schio or better known as Ca 'd'Oro in Vicenza . The library is called Athena (as the goddess of wisdom!) is full of very special books  and is on two floors.

Here you can find books of all kinds, new and used. What makes it special is that books are always selected by the owners with a certain care and consistency, preferring books on architecture, on the history of the city of Vicenza of its historical figures and local writers.
Certainly hardly you can find the latest bestsellers of famous writers, politicians or celebrities who write once a year as much for cash!

It is then specialized in ancient and rare books and covers every literary subject, from religion, to history, to poetry to nature.

On the first floor there is also a selection of books for children where they can entertain just the time that the adult chooses his book in the meantime.

Last thing almost all books are discounted to a minimum of 50%, so it is really difficult to get out without buying anything!

Have a good day, 

David

Thank you for the descriptive answer @davidhyno. It would be quite an experience visiting Athena and enjoying the feeling being there.

Is it a place where you go often?