AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: What’s the best reason to visit your hometown?

Great thread @AriMar

My hometown is Ghorahi (Largest Sub Metropolitan city of Nepal) and it lies in Dang (biggest valley of Asia) district of Mid-Western Region Nepal. There are lots of reasons to visit Dang. Natural Beauty, Culture, Heritages are some of them. 

Historic, cultural and archaeological sites

Heritage sites in Dang Deukhuri District include:

• Ambikeshwari Temple, Ghorahi
  • Ratnanath (Gorakhnath) Mandir, Chaughera
  • Barakune Daha, Ghorahi
  • Sawarikot
  • Ghordaura
  • Chhilli kot, Chhilli Kot Gupha, Chameri Gupha
  • Dharapani, 10 km south of Ghorahi
  • Devikot
  • Hanuman Temple
  • Kalimai Temple, Kalika Temple
  • Kulpani Mandir
  • Malika Temple, Mulkot Cave
  • Ram Janaki Temple
  • Sirasthan, Srigaun Temple, Sukaura Mound
  • Bagar Baba mandir, Rihar
  • Taptakunda Shivalaya, Mamisauri mandir, Rihar
  • Shiva Mandir, Dhankhola,
  • Shiva Cave, Dhankhola,
  • Mata Malmala Devi
  • Tuhi valley
  • Suikot Temple
  • Devisthan Mandir [Pawannagar, Bhamake]
  • Kalika mandir
  • Jakhera Tal Temple
  • Purandhara water fall
  • Chameri cave

World's Largest Trishul (World's Largest Trident of Lord Shiva)World's Largest Trishul (World's Largest Trident of Lord Shiva)

Level 7

2 things for me:

1. See my parents 
  2. Meet up with my friends
Ali
Level 8

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your sharing and the discovery of your hometowns that you offer us.

Here's my hometown : Noumea in New Caledonia france.gif

Baie de l'Orphelinat - Noumea Nouvelle-CaledonieBaie de l'Orphelinat - Noumea Nouvelle-Caledonie

Do you anything about our little tiny island in center of Pacific Ocean ? 
Ok, so let me give you few reason about visiting my hometown:

One of the good reasons to visit our beautiful little island is its strong culture and its authentic people

Source www.iles-loyaute.comSource www.iles-loyaute.com

Its beautiful places to have a good time in peace

Nice place to stay in Poe-Deva BeachNice place to stay in Poe-Deva Beach

This culinary diversity and its good restaurants

yummy!yummy!

This endemic flora and fauna, sometimes its surprising and magnificent species ...

No comment, I love this quiet place!No comment, I love this quiet place!

We call this kind of "bird": CagouWe call this kind of "bird": Cagou

We do our best between Local Guides in our little unknown and unspoiled island ...

It's some of bests reasons and motivation to continue to discover and share our lovely hometown!

New Caledonia Local Guides -------------------> Do you know the city I live?
If you want to translate this content into your own language, use the Google Translate drop-down menu just below the title of this post.

Level 5

Hi there, 

My name is Alex from Hong Kong where is probably the busiest city in the world. Although it is a tiny city, there are lots of things you can do in HK. Let's me give you some tips for you to travel in HK. 

First, I would like to talk about food. HK is an interesting city. You can find a restaurant without a Google Map, almost everywhere, so easy to see them. Food is diversity that you can have different cuisines, such as, Japanese, Thai, Western European, and of course Chinese food. Just you can imagine on your mind, you almost can find it here. Restaurants in HK open very late, like 9 to 11 pm, and also, some areas they have a night market, so you will not be difficult to find food if you are hungry. 

Second, HK is definitely a shopping paradise, especially for GIRLS. It is because we do not have taxes for any productions. That means you actually pay less money to buy what you want. Shopping malls are huge and open very late every single day. I am sure you will not get bored if you like shopping. 

Third, HK has a beautiful landscape. When you first arrive HK, you will be amazed what you see, just skyscrapers everywhere. Although that, we still have lots of magnificent places to be explored, like Tai O where is outside of the city, it is peaceful and quiet. 

The last thing I wanna say is our night view which as well known as "Asian Pearl". It is fascinating and marvellous that I am really proud of it. Please have a look the photo in the below. 

The Peak & The Victoria HarbourThe Peak & The Victoria Harbour

Thank you for spending time on my post. I hope you enjoy it & hopefully Hong Kong will be in your travel list basket 🙂 

Cheers, 
Alex

Alexander Spade
Level 9

Thanks for such nice and amazing photos!

Landscape is so beautiful.I think I 'll visit this place Ronda somewhere.

Level 10

Hello!!

Really original topic!

My home town is Plovdiv. It is in Bulgaria, Europe. It is the oldest living town in Europe. Build 8000 years ago - 6000 years B.C.

Now it is a  mixture of pre-Roman ruins, Roman Stadium and Ancient Teathre, Old Renaissance Town /Revival period/ and modern  days malls, streets and buildings.

IMG_20180430_110408.jpgIMG_20180430_111659.jpgIMG_20180430_110310.jpgIMG_20180430_104153.jpgIMG_20180430_104249.jpg

There is 7 hills, a  river and a  lot of green places.

Also, because of his age, a lot of cultures lives here. It is  a good example of cultural diversity as well, and a lot of people with different religions live here in peace - Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc. 

You can enjoy here cultures and foods from  different nations  - Bulgarian, Greek, Turkish, Armenian, Jews, Italian, Mexican, and more.  

So.. what are you waiting for? 🙂

PS.

And prices are really cool!! 🙂

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.
Level 10

Hi @AriMar I love your post. Your home town is so much beautiful but my home town also very beautiful. My home in comilla. @Kamalhasnainee already explained my city description. Thanks a lot for your post sharing with us. Best of Luck!!rooftop of comilla city.rooftop of comilla city.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 7

beautiful HK!!!!!!

Former Google Contributor

Great post @AlexanderSpade!

My dad actually visited Hong Kong a couple of times a few years back and I do remember how fascinated he was. The way he described it is "It's a city like no other". He was so lively, when we spoke on the phone, when he was there, like a kid in a candy shop. Until that day, I never though I would see my dad so amazed. From the look in his eyes, while he was telling us about his travel stories there, I knew that his heart was stolen forever. Which doesn't really surprise me. We have all seen pictures from Hong Kong and it is truly (like you very well put it) the "Asian Pearl".

I'll definitely share your post with him. It will definitely spark some cool memories. 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

P.S.: Your picture by the way, is as always out of this world!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Editor

Thank you all so much for sharing such wonderful stories about your hometowns! I loved seeing all of your photos and learning more about each of you and where you come from.