YasumiKikuchi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Use of AI-generated illustrations on Local Guide Connect

Is it permissible to insert AI-generated illustrations to enhance the value and meaning of Local Guide Connect articles? This is already common in presentations in society.

This question is different, but I don't think it's acceptable for the article itself to be written by AI, and I won't allow it (if it was written by AI, it should be publicly announced). However, I am already using AI in the first step to get ideas.

Have any guidelines been released regarding this?

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

5 comments
Level 10

Re: Use of AI-generated illustrations on Local Guide Connect

Hi dear @YasumiKikuchi 

Sure, we can use AI-generated illustrations for articles even on Connect. These kinds of illustrations come from our ideas and their rights don't belong to someone else. So, it is permitted to use them when they're related to our content. I used a basic one for Google's Birthday post.

But about using AI to write the whole article, as you also mentioned, this isn't allowed. Since the Local Guides program is for individuals, our content should be based on the fact that we as humans want to collaborate and connect to other humans. So all-robotic activities aren't a thing that permitted or appreciated. Whether it is for adding photos/videos/reviews on Maps or writing articles on Connect.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

Hello @Amiran , thanks for giving me advice!
I'm thinking of following that😃

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage

Connect Moderator

Thanks for asking this question @YasumiKikuchi 

I had the same topic in mind for a long time.

Thank you @Amiran for sharing your thoughts.

Nicely answered and truly appreciate it.

I would request @ErmesT and @MortenCopenhagen to chime in and shed some light on this topic.

Level 10

Ynt: Use of AI-generated illustrations on Local Guide Connect

Hello @YasumiKikuchi , this is probably the best question that can come from a Japanese person, because I think it is the most natural thing to want to use artificial intelligence in a place that is the center of technology in the world. But when we think like that, we do not include external links here and we cannot quote other words. In fact, someone else wrote in an article we commissioned to artificial intelligence. I don't think it will allow completely artificial intelligence. It is better to convey our own ideas and feelings, so we express ourselves and use more frequent and sincere connections with local guides. With love, Japan, the center of technology.😊🙏🏻

Level 10

Ynt: Use of AI-generated illustrations on Local Guide Connect

Hello @Tushar_Suradkar @Gezendunyali , thanks for the reply!
I think we have probably come to a common understanding on this issue. Illustrations are allowed, articles are not. However, the use of AI to check the reliability of articles and search for references and researchers, in other words, the inner freedom, will not be regulated.

Sometimes people try to refer to their inner freedom when it comes to using AI. But our human rights will be guaranteed. The problem is simple but complex. Thank you everyone for mentioning it!