Edward_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: adding road names

Hi, @YK1001,

I was able to reproduce the issue noted by @The_Circute about his lack of a menu choice "Edit Maps".  I have that menu option when I have scrolled on the map to the area around Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya (say https://www.google.com/maps/@-1.1800433,36.9275572,18z).  

When I choose the Send feedback link, I am allowed only two menu choices:

Add a missing place

Other feedback

Google Maps omits these menu choices

Edit the map
Report missing road

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

Hi Edward,

Some features on Google Maps may not be available in every region.

"Suggest an Edit" is not available in China but you can let us know about any change on the maps through Send a Feedback. Our team of will analyze all reports and apply the changes on the map, although the amount of time varies depending on the issue

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

Hi @sputnikjim @Saepe,

If that was not due to Lite Mode, then I have no idea at the moment.

I need to check with Maps Help Forum.  You can also post directly to Maps help forum.

Level 8

Hi @sputnikjim,

Near spot shared by you, I can only only  2 options under the Send  Feedback menu.

Can you try near this spot:   https://goo.gl/maps/jrkg5Tvk4GM2 ?

May be it is due to new regional restrictions, similar to https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Unable-to-add-new-location-or-de...

Former Google Contributor

Hello @The_Circute@Saepe@sputnikjim, not every Maps feature is available in every region of the world for various reasons, ranging from technical challenges to — like @YK1001 noted — local regulations. The team has always been trying to make features available to more regions and we hope to improve your experience in time to come.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

@JeslynL @YK1001 @sputnikjim @Saepe

Thank you all for your quick response to my issue. you are just the best as i have learnt even some things that i did not know from this discussion. i am hoping that Google maps will ensure that such features are available in places where they are missing so that we can improve the current status of the maps to a better on

Level 8

Hi @The_Circute @sputnikjim @Saepe,

Topic merged into an prior thread, as they are talking about the same issue.

Level 2

Re: Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

I have the same problem. I have tried more than a few times to correct the information on Storey Manor Apartments. The location of each building, Where the office is and the remainder of the road, it's missing from google maps. I can give you details that are correct as I was once the manager here. The biggest problem is every one thinks my apartment is the office and I have to keep my doors locked at all times or people walk in wanting to fill out an application. It has my apartment as another persons. Manor Drive is a cul-de-sac and they don't show that part of the road. Also there are more apartment buildings here that are shown on the map. 

Level 2

Dear Sir /madam, 

It huhur me very much that my place in map has wrong address  

My home is near Amber palace  

It is called Bangali Pada  jagat Shiromani temple Road Amber.jaipur.Rajasthan.302028.

There is not any place named devisinghpura. Please enquire about it and make corrections 

Thanks

Level 2

Dear Sir /madam, 

It hurt me very much that my place in map has wrong address  

My home is near Amber palace  

It is called Bangali Pada  jagat Shiromani temple Road Amber.jaipur.Rajasthan.302028.

There is not any place named devisinghpura. Please enquire about it and make corrections 

Thanks