Edward_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

As far as I can see, there seems to be something wrong with the Google maps.

And when I wrote a suggestion about this problem to Google, I haven't received any reply yet.

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

Beijing, China
30 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

Hi Edward,

Some features on Google Maps may not be available in every region.

"Suggest an Edit" is not available in China but you can let us know about any change on the maps through Send a Feedback. Our team of will analyze all reports and apply the changes on the map, although the amount of time varies depending on the issue

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Re: Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

Hi @Edward_H,

How did you write the suggestions to Google?  

If we write using Send Feedback in Maps, Google will not directly reply to us.  

Depends on the nature of the report, we night got an email confirmation.

When the reported item is reviewed or fixed, Maps will got udpated.  And we might got another email informing us.

Level 7

Oh, i don't know that before, thanks a lot! But I still haven't got any confirmation email you said....
And have you tried that situation I mentioned in this post?

Level 8

There is different types of actions in Send Feedback in Maps.

Please let me know which type you used to post your feedback.

Level 7

I used this type for reporting that question.

螢幕快照 2017-11-17 下午12.22.04.png

Level 8

For this type of Feedback, I never receive any email notification after sending it.  Never.

Level 9

Hey @Edward_H your question is so common in connect.

many people do this same question and you may find them in connect.

@YK1001 Is very expert and already satisfied your question with details answer. If you have more to learn please make comments here.

happy curious mind for mapping 

Level 7

Hahaha, thanks. I think I would never receive that either.

But the question is still out there, don't know when they would fix it.

Level 7

Hi @RonneBD,

I do know this question have been asked very frequently. I did some researches in Connect before I decided to post this question.

I think the real question I got might be "why I can't add new location or delete any wrong information on Google Maps, specifically, any location in China area", not why I haven't received any feedback.

If you're interested in this, you could try it on your Google Maps.

You just need to search any location in China, like Beijing or Shanghai, then try to edit it.

Level 8

Hi @Edward_H,

There are some Maps Features that there is no direct Editing/Report method available to Local Gudies regardless of region.  Like Political Boundaries like Country / State / District / City / Village, etc.

What are you trying to edit?  We need to know the details before we can going into the technical discussions.

In General, Google will process the "Generaic Reports" via the Send Feedback.  But there is no way to tell how long it might take.

If we use defined methods for reports / edits, then at least we will got some notification about our actions.