Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Umuahia Accessibility Outreach

School For The Blind

low cost, Umuahia, Nigeria

February 06, 2020 @ 11:30 am (WAT)

Hello!!! Are you a local guide living in Umuahia? Are you passionate about accessibility? Then this meet-up is for you. Join us as we take a dive into the world of vision accessibility and our destination is the school for the blind, Afaraukwu Ibeku, umuahia. Highlights of the meet-up will include;

*identifying and taking photos of vision accessibility signs

*Understanding Vision-accessibility - accessibility for the blind and visually impaired persons from the experiences they will share.

*Understanding the concept of e-accessibility and how it is helping the blind and the visually impaired to interact with the larger society.

*It will also be an opportunity for charity as we shall give and donate to the school authority to help them take care of the blind students. So as you come, come with anything you can afford especially food items, toiletries, and financial gifts. it will be highly appreciated.

All these highlights is to acquaint us with the knowledge of accessibility especially as it concerns the blind and the visually impaired. It will also be a win win situation for the ongoing accessibility campaign on the Google maps.

This will encourage an all inclusive contribution on Google maps among local guides who will learn to consider the physically challenged or people with special needs as they contribute to the Google Maps.

RSVP here

low cost, Umuahia, Nigeria
9 comments
Level 9

Re: Umuahia Accessibility Outreach

Is this the first meetup in Umuahia @Onukakalu ?

Level 8

@Austinelewex this should be the second and third meet-ups the first I think was hosted by @ChinomsoNzenwa last month, December 2019.

Level 8

Level 7

@Onukakaluand @Austinelewex I am glad there are Local Guides in Umuahia who are on this platform. The meetup at school for the blind Afaraukwu is a great idea. There is a fellow who is the Convener Project Save the Blind. He attended the earlier meetup held Dec 2019 in Umuahia and has been in touch with the students and the school. It will be nice to connect with him.

  

Level 8

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for showing me your meet-up @Onukakalu! I hope it will be a great success. 

Awareness about the visually impaired is just as important as any other so I'm glad to see more ficus on this subject.

I'm looking forward to the recap! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Level 5

Is this the first meetup in Umuahia @Onukakalu ?

well-done .

numan javed
Level 8

No @numanjaved, It is not the first meet-up in Umuahia. We just had the umuahia epic meet-up on the 4/2/2020, two days ago