Esthr10321's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Traveling to Bangkok: Visiting the Colorful Flower Market: Pak Khlong

Pak Khlong Talat is a market in Bangkok, Thailand that sells flowers, fruits, and vegetables. On a recent trip to Bangkok, I spent time wandering around taking in the vibrant colors. I was particularly mesmerized by the bright orange garlands that are often purchased for use in religious offerings. If you are visiting Bangkok, it is truly a wonderful place to walk around and "smell the roses" ; although I don't think I saw many actual roses....

Enjoy! 

P1010223.jpg

Beautiful Bright Orange GarlandsBeautiful Bright Orange GarlandsP1010175.jpgP1010181.jpgP1010192.jpgP1010193.jpgP1010195.jpgP1010199.jpgP1010213.jpgP1010217.jpgP1010231.jpgP1010252.jpgP1010283.jpgP1010295.jpgP1010320.jpg

Pak Khlong Market Flower Market, Chakkraphet Road, Wang Burapha Phirom, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Traveling to Bangkok: Visiting the Colorful Flower Market: Pak Khlong

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @Esthr10321. Pak Khlong Talat is the place for flower. It is a very nice place and very popular in Thailand. What did you get it from Pak Khlong Talat?

How long are you staying in Thailand? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Oh, wow, @Esthr10321. Thank you for sharing. I imagine that Colorful Flower Market smells magical. I'd love to visit one day as well. What flower made you the biggest impression?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Wow, this is awesome @Esthr10321!

Thanks for sharing this colourful experience with us. Love the photos and the vibrancy of the flowers! 😊 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@Esthr10321   Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.  Love these flowers.

@SunPanupong  @JosephDewey Do you know what flowers are the yellow and orange ones? I know they are popular used in garlands and decorations.

I checked online that the official national flower for Thailand is Cassia Fistula or locally known as Ratchaphruek, the same yellow flower that's important for Kerala in India and other countries. But this doesn't look like it. These looks more chrysanthemum-like.