Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Your Local Guides Points on Google Maps Desktop

Former Google Contributor

In addition to checking your status, points, and what to do next on your phone, you can now see all of your stats on your computer. Head to your contributions tab on Google Maps for desktop to see your reviews, photos, suggested places to contribute to, and now your Local Guides points and level. Click on the progress bar to see the full breakdown.

localguides-points-desktop-maps.jpg

78 Comments
Level 7

Needed & weel done

Level 9

This is a really nice and useful addition. It makes mobile and desktop intefaces more congruent.

Connect Moderator
Level 7

Hopefully that means less autocorrecting! 😄 Yes, I'm not very good at proof reading until after I've posted!

Level 7

I've been missing this.

Level 8

Needed since the release of the Local Guides programme.

TIP: Maybe we don't need so rich editing in the comment section. This is a very bad idea if you think about spammers.

Level 8

Great! Very good idea, thanks.

Level 8

I love the NEW Design 🙂 

William Rock - Kansas City, USA / Google Platinum Top Contributor + TC Mentor
Level 8

The new design is great .........

Level 5

does your desktop count for photo views match your mobile count for photo views?   I have found that they aren't synchonized for my accounts.

Rick

Thank you for the information and this facilities

Level 8

Great offers ! Thanks !

Level 8

Excellent .. I like the new design 

Level 7
Level 7

Finally!! Thanks, this is great I generally don't like writing reviews while still at the place. Typing on my phone while having drinks with friends is apparently rude or something??? anyway, thanks for letting me do the review later and allow me to be invited to other places.

Googler

@Martijn I also star every place I want to visit or review so I can easily access those places when I'm ready to write reviews on desktop as that's my preference, too. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 3

I really like the new look and the ease to use 

Level 9

new

Excellent .. I like the new design 🙂

أنا عمر من المغرب وأنا مرشد محلي.
Level 7

Finally desktop access to stats! Kool

Level 8
Nice ! It is necessary and useful !!
Level 8

Mmmm my photos dont show how many vists they have

.... a mistery O.o after 28 hrs my photos show how many visits have

Level 8

Usefull! 

Level 8

Excellent feature, and I love the new design too!

Level 3

Can't understand why we still don't have exact same experience in every device at the same time (that was material design and polymer all about, right?), but no matter the wait, we finally have more or less everything fine and working. Loving it.

Thanks, and it works for me.  Now I can view my status and points on my laptop.

Level 3

Thank you for this tip. I will start using this today!

Level 3

Thank you nice tips !

Excelente! 

Level 7

Buen trabajo!

Level 6

Very Good 🙂

@CorrieD wrote:

In addition to checking your status, points, and what to do next on your phone, you can now see all of your stats on your computer. Head to your contributions tab on Google Maps for desktop to see your reviews, photos, suggested places to contribute to, and now your Local Guides points and level. Click on the progress bar to see the full breakdown.

Level 6

🙂 nice!  thank you...

Level 6

I think desktop is better than mobile for editing 

Level 8

I want Local Guide T-Shirt. What is Process to Get. Please Tell me 

Manohar Lal Kumawat
Level 7

Desktop version is on a genuine Desktop PC

ie not portable, therefore my list is empty, despite travelling around the country with an iPhone and iPad.

no support for either, well overdue!

Level 8
Level 5

@Corrie

It is very good for those like me who uses desk top like me. You have mentioned

Level 5

@Corrie

It is very good for those like me who uses desk top very offenly like me. You have mentioned "In addition to checking your status, points, and what to do next on your phone, you can now see all of your stats on your computer. Head to yourcontributions tab on Google Maps for desktop to see your reviews, photos, suggested places to contribute to, and now your Local Guides points and level. Clic"k on the progress bar to see the full breakdown."

I could not find the following :

1. What to do next on your phone.

2. Satus of Edit sent through Feedback option in menu.

3. Suggested places to contribute.

I will be very pleased if you sent me your feedback on this.

Thanks and regards

Level 8

izvrsno, hvala

Former Google Contributor

@AniruddhaB Not all features are available on desktop yet, some are only on your mobile device. 

1. The "Contribute" tab should appear on your phone. Check to make sure you have the latest version of Google Maps installed. You may also need to turn on location history
  2. Are you able to see the status of any of your edits on your mobile device?
  3. It sounds like you need to turn on location history

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is really very nice and the different color code for each level.

Level 9

@Corrie

It is wonderful to see this , Few more additions will be inspiring

1) Plus Local Guide Community to show the points of Membars ,so that there will be competition among members of Group(it is available by click ) But if it automaticlally displayed on the Members List .

2) Invite a friend oprtion  to join Local Guide and have friends .

3) Google Plus to display the Locations of Local Guide in a closed Community .

4) Local guide 5 is supposed to be testers But no tester opertunity given . 

Thank you for thr inspiration

Thank you 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 1

@Corrie wrote:

In addition to checking your status, points, and what to do next on your phone, you can now see all of your stats on your computer. Head to your contributions tab on Google Maps for desktop to see your reviews, photos, suggested places to contribute to, and now your Local Guides points and level. Click on the progress bar to see the full breakdo

Level 6
More effective then older one
Level 10
Thanks is a really useful advice

Corrie ha scritto:

Corrie ha scritto:

thankyou

Level 8

Thanks @Corrie for this knowledge.

Level 8

When you see that points are not awarded for new edits ( for the Fact Finder badges for example ),what options are open to a Local Guide to get those points?  

Google Moderator

Hi @michael54,

Local Guides receive points for making edits and for checking facts on Maps. The first is awarded 5 points, and the latter - 1 pointed per fact checked. You can find more information in the Local Guides Help Center article "Points, levels, and badging." Thank you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Thank you so much Google 

I am a level 7 guide and I'm working on my First fact finder badge.  I have answered several questions under Q&A but I noticed that there's another category for Answers.  How do I earn points for just answers? (is it not the same as Q&A)?