AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Top 100 Local Guides Country by Country (November 2022)

Yes there are some heavy hitters amongst us @AZ_2021 and they clearly show us all, the potential that our contributions can make and the journey ahead.  However, I also love how the leaderboards in this country set showcase those Local Guides in smaller countries, where the opportunities for guiding can be far, far less.  As well as putting a Local Stories element to the leaderboards, this was a primary motivation for introducing this special set of leaderboards. 

ps: I have to say, it's kind of weird being in your future 😉

Connect Moderator

Yes I accept the interpretation and suggestion you have about the post title @MortenCopenhagen and along the lines that @JustJake suggested here, I will definitely drop the ceiling limit of 100 for each of the leaderboards in this set. 

I also have one other country based leaderboard in mind that in many ways would be the crème de la crème of country leaderboards.  I so wish to add this but have a width problem. I haven't given up on it yet, and will give it more thought.

Connect Moderator

Re: T100 Photo Views x Country (November 2022)

Thought I was slowly coming closer to @Herve_Andrieu , but seems he was only to leazy to make an update and now all my effort is gone.... 🙂

And @MortenCopenhagen , need to put in a upload session this weekend I think. Otherwise in point I will go behind you 😉

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Re: T100 Photo Views x Country (November 2022)

@TorM you are a local guide superhero in own right!
3.4 billion photo views and 77k photos is a scary achievement.
I doubt most of us can get how much effort it takes to get to those levels (I spent a busy year getting 20k photos - I KNOW).
Which indeed makes it even harder to understand that there could even exist an @Herve_Andrieu amongst us.
He has more photos uploaded and views than cumulative the other top 4 giants following him in the list! (you, @Briggs , @JonBekkevoll and @jayasimha78 - all super local guides)
If my statistical mind is correct by February he will reach the monstrous 10 billion photo views mark.
If I ever get to meet any of you guys in person, it will be an instant copy of Wayne and Garth meeting Alice Cooper "We're not worthy" scene!

As your comment got me intrigued:
Checking two time points of photo views, I can confirm you are indeed closing the gap :).

In the hypothetical future in which your current progress is consistent (+we all live long + google maps exists + my compound interest math is not silly),  
You need 37 years and 8 months to overtake his ranking position and you two beasts will have 13.3 quadrillion views (that is 13 with 15 zeros friends)
Never give up!

Level 7

Re: T100 Points x Country (November 2022)

Level 7

Re: T100 Avg Views/Photo x Country (November 2022)

@tony_b thank you for the kudos! Happy to have the honor of representing the USA ☺️

Level 8

@Mikeinthefalls I have my suspicions about why it's easy to be leading in my country, but @AdamGT doesn't agree with me.😁

I havent found the time or the method to prove or disprove my assumptions yet.  

Connect Moderator

Let me know if and when you do @tony_b 😉

Level 8

Hi @AdamGT 

It's really nice to know in which place we are and this leaderboards is really amazing.  Is it possible to know my position? Below is the screenshot of my profile. 

Screenshot_20221105-010031_Samsung Internet.jpg

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 10

@Gurukrishnapriya you need to sign up for Top100Localguides website and upload your data there and you shall automatically reflected in Leadership boards which publish every month in 1st week. But make sure you spend good time reading FAQs at top100localguide and then proceed with the data entry. Your most of the queries will be answered in FAQs section only but if you still have any, you may ask any time.

Cheers