namaaljunub's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Title: Duplicate Business Listing with Incorrect Information - Seeking Help for Removal

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community for assistance with a duplicate business listing on Google Maps. Someone has created a fake location for my business, using my store photos and my personal name (not the store name) in the same place as my legitimate listing.

namaaljunub_0-1709704435092.png

This is my original  Lisiting:  مؤسسة نماء الجنوب التجارية 

This duplicate listing is causing confusion for potential customers and is negatively impacting my business.

I've already attempted to remove the fake listing by following the steps outlined in the Google Maps Help Center: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088?hl=en

Unfortunately, the fake listing remains active.

namaaljunub_1-1709704634964.png

Its the fake one:  ذكرى احمد موسي مني 

I'm hoping members of the Local Guides community with experience in this area can offer advice or suggest additional steps I can take to have the duplicate listing removed.

Any insights you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Abu Arish Saudi Arabia
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Title: Duplicate Business Listing with Incorrect Information - Seeking Help for Removal

PS, I think the fake listing has already been removed. 

Morten

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Re: Title: Duplicate Business Listing with Incorrect Information - Seeking Help for Removal

@namaaljunub 

As a business owner, you are asking for help in the wrong forum. 

This forum is for volunteer local guides only. As you can see here: "Organizations, brands, and businesses are not eligible for the Local Guides Program".

Business owners have their own help pages and forum.

Here is the GBP help center and you find the GBP forum here.

The interests of a business owner and a local guide should not be mixed since there can be conflicts of interest. So please delete your account here on Connect should your primary interest be your business.

You indicated Saudi Arabia as your location, so I checked that the Google Business Program is available there. 

Cheers
Morten

Connect Moderator
Solution

PS, I think the fake listing has already been removed. 

Morten

Level 2

i am not verified yet

Level 2

thanks.
you can mark this post as SLOVED

Connect Moderator

@namaaljunub 

Done. 

Even before verification, you are welcome to seek help on the forum for business owners. 

Cheers

Morten