ATO_Explore's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 9

The Lord Bridge πŸ‘€

The Lord Bridge, 25 meters high, is located in the national park of talambote near the waterfalls of Akchour, the bridge was formed naturally by erosion of a part of the mountain which offers a magnificent sight.

Its ascent is more or less difficult due to the difficulty of the trail that leads to the summit which is only 60 cm in certain areas, this climb is reserved for people who know the place.

On the other hand the way of the cascades following the Ouad Farda river in the opposite direction by going back up its course is easier on practically all the way, to reach the level of the big waterfall, it takes 1h30 and more according to its physical condition and according to the season due to the flow of the river, the best season to get there is the spring when the flora and fauna makes rdv ?

On your way to the waterfalls and / or the Lord Bridge, you'll find wooden cabins a kind of local fastfood that offer local bio tagines accompanied by tea as wild and sweet as the surrounding nature.

Lord BridgeLord Bridge

Lord BridgeLord Bridge

Lord Bridge - #ATOExplore.jpg

River Oued Farda, Lord BridgeRiver Oued Farda, Lord Bridge

Wild walk into nature, road to Lord BridgeWild walk into nature, road to Lord Bridge

Nice cuve to refresh and take the road to Lord BridgeNice cuve to refresh and take the road to Lord Bridge

More on Instagram, Facebook, NikonClub, YourShot & Google Maps
Akchour, Maroc
4 comments
Level 8

Re: The Lord Bridge πŸ‘€

@ATO_Explore This place is interesting to visit. Did you hike up there? Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Level 9

Hi @Ant_Bad_Yogi, thanks for your comment and support 😊

Yes, i followed up the narrow track, as i mentioned in the commentary the track is not more than 60 cm wide and is sometimes slightly inclined on the side of the ditch, which ensures the chills followed by a good adrenaline.

You can go up to the level of the arcade, that is to say about 25 meters above the ground, but you can not cross it for security reasons and are well justified.

I remind you that the track is the only way to reach the summit. The best time for the climb is late spring or summer, as the trail is more passable being dry.

Best regards!

Former Google Contributor

Hello @ATO_Explore,

Thank you for sharing these amazing photos, Morocco has definitly great and various nature! 

I've been to Chefchaouen, but never got the chance to visit Akshour or the nearby area. 

What did you enjoy the most there? How many days did you spend in this region? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

Hi @BorrisS, thank you for your comment, support and interest 😊

I spent 3 days in Chefchaouen, 1 day at Akchour and i come back to Chefchaouen for the night!

Akchour it's a spectacular nature with 2 falls and a natural bridge formed by the power of erosion, called the Lord Bridge, under which a river flows called Oued Farda, a clear and clean water that makes you want to swim πŸ‘€πŸ˜Š

Akchour Falls are located between 2 National Parks, the Talambote National Park located on the west of Akchour and the Talassemtane National Park located on east of Akchour.

Those 2 National Parks are amazingly beautiful and worth to see, with rivers forests species...

It's preferable to visit the parks in spring when the fauna and flora are in a Rdv πŸ‘€

Best regards!