JuanCh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Support for moderators outside of Connect will no longer be available

Thanks for letting us know @JuanCh.

I think this has been inevitable and I support the decision. The vast majority of the Local Guides communities languished after the Googlers moved here to Connect. The Melbourne community never really recovered and I reach more of them here on Connect then I do through the old g+ Community.

There are some vibrant communities out there and they should survive this. The owner of those communities aren't likely to be doing it for a badge.

Losing the monthly HO is ok because it's easy to communicate with a Googler here on Connect.

I look forward to new community support here on Connect.

Life is all about change.

Regards Paul

Level 7

I understand the idea of removing the badges to avoid confusion, but it doesn't feel good to loose a badge. 

In our gaming culture a badge is the acknowledgement of an achievement, so it should only be revoked if earned by illegal ways. Revoking a badge well achieved fells like deleting history and throwing the efforts made away.

So, I suggest that instead of removing the badge, you could just rename it to avoid confusion. The "Community Moderator" could be replaced by something that states the local guide participation in the creation of the local communities in the early ages of the program, representing an historical achievement just like the "Local Guides Connect Beta" badge.

What do you think?

Level 9

@JuanCh @TraciC

It was a great honor to get a supports from Local Guides Teams on behalf of my community i would like to than you all for your support.

Regarding on Limited edition for example small size small normally is 34' - 36' but attached sizing guide shows chest size is 18' can you please clarify that. Thank you.

See you guys on the other side and happy guiding and keep exploring.

Joe.

Level 8

:'( 

@Martin_G wrote:

Not so good news for us, but change is live. 

Level 9

Sad to hear that but I think it's taken with future in mind. Hope the decision help in the development of the program much better.

@JuanCh It means we are not allowed to link community to the future Meet Ups.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10

Level 8

Thanks for the good moderator memories Local Guides team, and thanks for supporting the unofficial communities for this long!

Level 8

It's disappointing... Although I hope that this change also means that there will be changes in the integration of those who want to find other local guides from their city in a more concentrated way. 

Porto Local Guides / Guias Locais Porto -> https://plus.google.com/communities/106040857680218167429
Nanos gigantum humeris insidentes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JuanCh, but why you must remove our Moderator badges?

I would like to keep my badge...

For example, those who have Local Guides Connect Beta badge...they are not testing beta ver of Connect anymore but it is perfectly fine to have that badge, because they were beta testers.

We were Local Guides Community Moderators and some of us will continue to be...

You can make changes for txt of badge... "I was manage my own community for Local Guides in my region."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unbelievably @HenriquedeAndrade, I have not seen your post until now and we posted almost same post about badges 🙂

That's great 😄

@HenriquedeAndrade wrote:

I understand the idea of removing the badges to avoid confusion, but it doesn't feel good to loose a badge. 

In our gaming culture a badge is the acknowledgement of an achievement, so it should only be revoked if earned by illegal ways. Revoking a badge well achieved fells like deleting history and throwing the efforts made away.

So, I suggest that instead of removing the badge, you could just rename it to avoid confusion. The "Community Moderator" could be replaced by something that states the local guide participation in the creation of the local communities in the early ages of the program, representing an historical achievement just like the "Local Guides Connect Beta" badge.

What do you think?