Kerga's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Suomen kaksikielisissä kunnissa katunimet menevät paikkoin sekaisin

Käytän ruotsinkielisenä ruotsinkielistä GoogleMapsia. Suomessa erikieliset kartat pidetään erillään eikä kaksikielisinä. Mutta kuitenkin katujen nimet paikkoin menevät sekä suomenkielisessä että ruotsinkielisessä kartoissa  sekaisin että parhaissa tapauksissa näkee kadun omalla nimellään mutta usein toisella kielellä. Itse olen yrittänyt korjata ruotsinkielisellä kartalla nyt ruotsinkielisinä ilmestyviä suomenkielisiä nimejä. Se selkeyttäisi samalla suomenkielistä karttaa. Mutta korjauksia ei hyvskytä. Uskon että se johtuu  siitä ettei henkilö joka katsoo korjausta huomaa että korjaus on tehty kieliasetuksilla ruotsi kun tarksitaa kieliasetuksilla suomi ja siksi ei huomaa etten halua poista suomenkielistä nimeä suomenkielisestä kartasta vaan haluan poistaa suomenkielisen nimen ruotsinkielisestä kartasta että sinne tilalle saisi virallisen ruotsinkielisen nimen kaupunkikattojen mukaan. Jos olen lisäkenttään kirjoittanut että korjasu koskee pelkästään ruotsinkielistä nimeä ei ole sekään auttanut. Jos olen huomauttanut kommenttina vielä ettei ole hyväksytty niin koko homma on mennyt vielä kummallisemmaksi korjauksessa kun kadun nimi kokonaan on poistettu ja pinillä katunimi näkyy nykyään. Pahin tilanne on tällä hetkellä Helsingissä. Eilen ja tänään sain 32 korjausta joita ei ole hyväksytty Helsingissä. Ja jokainen ehdottamani nimi löytyy Helsingin omasta kartasta. Enkä jaksa tehdä samoista osoitteista 4-5 korjausta.

'

Helsinki, Finland
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Suomen kaksikielisissä kunnissa katunimet menevät paikkoin sekaisin

Hi @Kerga

Some of the mess could be due to users not being aware of the fact that the language setting in Google Maps determine what names are displayed. This is especially important when editing names of places. 

I am using both English and Danish in Google Maps, and I constantly need to switch the app language to see the name fields. But Google Maps will often show both. Maybe you can try to use this also. 

Next, road names is not something we can edit. We need to bring it up in the Maps support forum.

Hit the Community tab at the top and make a post. You need to attach or link to official documentation supporting the change you are proposing. Copyright-free governmental maps are probably the best proof you can attach.

Without such official documentation you will not be successful.

Alternatively, (and better) you could encurrage the Municipality or region to update road names in the correct languages automatically. 

Google Maps has a program enabling local and regional partners to upload their data directly and automatically. Please learn more here: Google Maps Content Providers
Examples include municipalities and public transport providers.

Cheers
Morten

Level 8

Hello, Thanks. I Constantly use the setting Swedish as I want to enter a name in Swedish, Finnish when entering the name in Finnish and English for an international name. And the problmes rise when I enter the official names in Swedish.
In some previous version You could in Your own menu see all the different entered names tagged with the language. That was far easier.  
Will ahve to go on with this. Or I can give up too.

Level 8

a) adding copies of offical maps - been there done that - usually still refused

b) contacting the City municipality - been there, done that - The answer I got from them was taht they have tried too but given up the attempts as their information is not accepted

c) In Finland the national Land Surway has an online free map whith the names and even those names have been rejected as not verified

Level 10

Oi, @Kerga 
Editar nomes de rua, apesar de ser possível, é um tipo de edição que geralmente é negado por vários motivos, mas há duas causas principais que o Google deixou a gente saber que são:

1° - O Google nos ensinou  nas aulas de mapeamento que a fonte dos dados tem uma classificação interna de "relevância" e "confiança". É algo assim:

a - Órgão público reconhecido;
Um exemplo de órgão público: A Prefeitura da cidade de Toronto

b - Empresa de dados de mapeamento;
Um exemplo é a  MapLink, que fornece dados para o Google Maps de vários países

c - Usuário (nos).

Se um usuário tenta alterar o nome de uma rua, mas o Google recebeu os dados de um órgão público reconhecido (a) ou da empresa de mapeamento (b), as informações dessas fontes tem precedência sobre a informaçao do usuário.

2° - Ruas não mudam de nome com frequência.

Claro que existe centenas de fatores envolvidos na negação ou aceitação na edição de um nome de rua que não sabemos, mas acima foi um exemplo resumido do porque editar um nome de rua, apesar de possível é quase sempre negado.

🍟 Caso Bruxelas
Em 2011 o Google Mapas enfrentou na capital da Bélgica semelhante problema ao que você está reportando, pois o país tem três línguas oficiais.

Algumas ruas com nome holandês só apareciam em francês. Algumas ruas com nome holandês só apareciam em francês. 

O mapa não encontrava um endereço se fosse pesquisado por um idioma e o nome no mapa fosse em outro idioma.

Screenshot_20230205_194311_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230205_194239_Photo Editor.jpg

Hoje funciona assim. O Google leva você a rua pesquisada independente do idioma utilizado na pesquisa  (holandês ou francês), mas mostra o nome no resultado na língua do seu aplicativo.

Screenshot_20230205_194403_Gallery.jpg

Nome da rua pesquisado/mostrado em francês. Resultado em holandês, língua do aplicativo 

Screenshot_20230205_194457_Gallery.jpg

Nome da rua pesquisado/mostrado em holandês. Resultado em frances, língua do aplicativo

Se a língua do aplicativo for francês e eu pesquisar o nome da rua em francês o resultado vai ser em francês. E assim também para o holandês.

Você informou que a cidade tentou enviar dados para o Google. Será que eles fizeram pela plataforma Google Partners? Pois o Google leva muito a sério dados recebidos de parceiros. Clique aqui para mais informações. 

O Google também recebe dados do National Land Survey of Finland como descrito aqui. Seria interessante entrar em contato com eles e informar a questão.

Por ser um problema de dados que parece bem complexo, sugiro também entrar em contato com a ajuda do Google Mapas clicando aqui, talvez eles tenham um outro caminho para a solução desse tipo de problema de dados que parece complexo.

Sucesso
Gil 🙂

*Message originally written in Brazilian Portuguese / Message écrit à l'origine en portugais brésilien / Mensaje escrito originalmente en portugués brasileño

Connect Moderator

@Kerga

It would be very helpful if you would use the tagging tool when replying to someone here on Connect. Type @ followed by the username. Type slowly. Then we get an e-mail notification and you are more likely to get a prompt reply. Just hitting Reply does not ensure we get notified by email. 

You might be too ambitious wanting to fix many problems. I suggest you focus on one street and then learn for getting that fixed. Later you can then use your experience gained on a few more roads. But keep in mind that the product experts are volunteers. So you need to learn how to specify needed edits in a way that will make it easy for the experts to escalate your problem. This includes providing the proper documentation.

Others have reports that the geo partnership works extremely well. 

And each municipalities gets a staff member assigned as their contact person. 

But I can easily see why you may not want to waste your time on this. 

In other parts of the world it seems that users never understood that there are name fields for each language. They add more than one language in one text field. 

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 8

@MortenCopenhagen I am on level 8 and not quite unaware of how things are supposed to work on the map neither the logics behind. 

I would have no problem with bilingual maps but that is not the way they have decided to have the maps for Finland, for some reason out of my control. And as GoogleMaps has chosen the way it should be handled in Finland then it is important not to mix that with how it is done somewhere else, because then teh system will be corrupt.

Bilingual countries usually are devided in monolingual areas so not in Finland where we have bilingual areas.

Lets take this most basic problem just as an example:

This Peltokylänkuja is officially in Swedish Åkerbygränden. Both are equally officially used by the city and marked on the official Land Survey of Finland. That name in Swedish is not showing on the map for some strange reason as GoogleMaps has access to that information. Note I marked the other streets around that are correctly showing in this map in Swedish.

peltokylänkuja.jpg

 As there is something wrong with the name You are supposed to mark either the entire street or the section of the road You want to report. Then chose the field for the name, write the correct name and send.  And I most likely gets rejected. A very intersting thing is that these rejections never have been done if I have used the settings Finnish and entered an official name in Finnish. Then there has been no need to verifcate an offical name. And that is strange when it comes to official names used by the authorities and Cities. Even if I send documentations as report another problem there has been rejections. 

The problem is that the person checking my reports probably doesn't notice that the changes were made from a Swedish page and reads them from a Finnish page. He/she thinks that Peltokylänkuja is correct and I am wrong. And then rejects them. Earlier the report page separated the names like: Name in Finnish and Name in Swedish. Then it was very easy to read that correctly.

Then there are streets entered like they were two differnet streets one in Swedish and one in Finnish. Not the same street but with alternate names. But those problems are so complicated that we will leave them for now

Level 8

@gmapas 

I totally understand that a streetname has to be:

a) official 

b) verified by GoogleMaps.

The Finnish and/or Swedish streetnames in Finland are entered in the City maps and in the map of the Finnish Land Survey, that are used by GoogleMaps and then are eaqually able to be verified. 

And what You are showing is exactly the way it works between the languages when it is correct entered. And most of the streets work that way but way too many are corrupt, either is the Finnish name entered for the Swedish language or even mor corrupt like these screenshots. This is the same street but entered like it was two different streets and teh names not conencted to one another that YPu can search in one language and yet turn up in the other.

kvarnm.jpg

and the Finnish name separate:

myllymestarintie.jpg

And as You go to report screen it looks like this:

MYllymestrin-väärä.jpg

 Where on the Swedish page the Finnish names turn up. So no wonder things do not work the way they should.

Connect Moderator

@Kerga

Just a thought. Google is sensitive to negative press. So are your local authorities i presume. 

You could plan and excecute a small media campaign targeting your local authorities and Google to get the ball rolling. Team up with some clever journalists who will help you plan a series of articles. 

"Been there - already tried that" is not a real excuse.

Best of luck 

Morten 

Level 10

Olá, @Kerga 

Obrigada por me mencionar.

Com relação a:

"And most of the streets work that way but way too many are corrupt, either is the Finnish name entered for the Swedish language or even mor corrupt like these screenshots."

Você é o terceiro Local Guide a relatar problemas de dados no Google Mapas aqui no fórum que eu participo da discussão. E nos três casos eu contei uma história distinta relativo ao problema de dados que foi informado na inicial de cada postagem. Por que conto essas histórias? Algumas acompanhei e outras participei.Conto para trazer um panorama que, problemas de dados geralmente (ou quase) nunca podem ser resolvido por usuários solitariamente, sendo Local Guide ou não.

Eu entendi seu problema relatado, por isso contei a história de Bruxelas,  pois é exatamente isso que acontecia na cidade. Era uma grande confusão. Mas o Google encontrou uma solução. Por ser um problema de dados que parece tão grande e complexo, procurar auxílio da equipe do Google Mapas no fórum oficial da ferramenta pode ser o início da solução. Os Experts de Produtos são colaboradores que tem ligação direta com funcionários do Google do respectivo produto que auxiliam para reportar esses problemas específicos. Isso não quer dizer que o problema será resolvido rapidamente.

Como gosto de contar nas minhas histórias, problemas com dados no mapa podem requerer solução de longo prazo. E porque isso acontece? No Brasil existe uma expressão que é "colcha de retalhos". A expressão é usada para informar que algo é feito da mistura de várias coisas.  A colcha de retalhos, origem da expressão, geralmente artesanal, é feito de sobras de vários pedaços de tecidos para formar o conjunto, a unidade, ou seja, a "colcha". Você pega um pedaço aqui, outro pedaço ali, junta tudo e faz a "colcha".

Screenshot_20230214_003223_Chrome.jpg

Foto: "Colcha de retalhos artesanal feita com pedaços (sobras) de vários tecidos. Crédito: Mercado Livre, Coisas da Rosi, Betim, MG

O Google Mapas é mais ou menos assim, uma "colcha de retalho de dados". Recebe dados de dezenas de fontes para formar o mapa. Na organização e separação desses dados pode acontecer problemas como indicado por você, e não é incomum, pois o Google Mapas é uma ferramenta global que atende necessidades e demandas locais. 

O Mapa recebe dados do "National Land Survey of Finland," mas isso não quer dizer que este seja a única fonte. Também não é possível saber "quanto " desses dados recebidos o Google usa no mapa. 

Em casos assim, onde não é um problema pontual ou que possamos resolver com as ferramentas disponíveis para usuários, a ajuda da equipe do Mapa é o melhor caminho.

Sucesso na sua jornada.

Gil 🙂

*Message originally written in Brazilian Portuguese / Message écrit à l'origine en portugais brésilien / Mensaje escrito originalmente en portugués brasileño