SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Stay On TRAC-10,000 Roads-21 days.

This is indeed an achievement for us and for all. Google maps has gotten 10,000 newly approved roads in 2 weeks,  Imagine !!! Our Brief Stay-On-TRAC Event  was great. As always our activities were  so interesting and inspiring many thanks to those who are so loyal and dedicated to the local guides program.

Caption: A few words of write up from @MarcoDavoli our statistician. The number of roads we added in 2 weeks 10,492. Please also note the word Great job Hunters. All the photos and graphs are Courtesy  Marco Davoli put statistician on TRAC.Caption: A few words of write up from @MarcoDavoli our statistician. The number of roads we added in 2 weeks 10,492. Please also note the word Great job Hunters. All the photos and graphs are Courtesy Marco Davoli put statistician on TRAC.

We planned to spend only 2 weeks adding roads on the maps which we did. We then decided to add a few more days as a result of different errors and issues we faced during the Brief exercise. The result of was 10,492 Roads as seen in the photo above. We are 28 on our group and  unlike the last event  we were all busy. We all added roads everyone of us !!! We value even one road it goes along way.

Caption: Out graph for the brief event stay on TRAC. Courtesy @Marco Davoli  our statisticianCaption: Out graph for the brief event stay on TRAC. Courtesy @Marco Davoli our statistician

Needless to say,there was a healthy competition among the participants. There was also a very interesting discussion among us on our group. There were questions asked regarding roads,there were inspirations given concerning adding roads and not stopping. Sometimes the approvals are delayed and one could contemplate giving up. It's a very lively and interesting team.

Caption: A closing remark and vôté of thanks from Marco himselfCaption: A closing remark and vôté of thanks from Marco himself

Now this marks the end of our Brief event. We will be retreating into the background again as usual when we have no active event on connect. We are hibernating and that means we are adding roads privately. When we started this event,we admitted new participants to join out team. For the time being we will shut down again and will not admit anymore participants till we have an event again. Look out for us if you are interested. Many thanks to all our numerous participants and other local guides who are supporting and Cheering us on.

Happy guiding 

Happy mapping 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Stay On TRAC-10,000 Roads-21 days.

This was a great event @SholaIB  Thank you for taking a newbie Roadie like me in. I finally got rid of that Annoying 0 beside my road total and as of today, I am over 104 roads added. Thank you.

To those who have always wanted to add roads this is a great place to start, Everyone works as a team and is willing to help you. Wait for the next one.

Level 8

@SholaIB تحياتي لك وللجميع من زملائك الطيبين.اود ان ارسل لكم تحياتي وشكري العظيم لما بذلتوه من هذا العمل الرائع العظيم لمساعدة الآخرين لتسهيل الحركه والحياه 

Connect Moderator

Hello @TerryPG 

Thank you for showing interest and for participating. Congratulations as well for getting rid of that annoying 0 @JanVanHaver will be very happy that you did that. Lol. He wrote a very beautiful on that sometimes ago.

Now the journey has started for you. Be careful not to get addicted to it. L🤣L. I know some local guides who can't keep away from drawing roads. See you when you get your 1000th road.

@Mohdmohdaljaman thank you so much. We hope someday you'll join us too. Next event should be next year all being well 

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

@SholaIB Thank you so much for getting us out of our 'Hibernation' from the last event. I think the most exciting thing is how many people showed up on the 1-99 list. Like @TerryPG pointed out, it's exciting to get rid of that 0 after drawing their first road, but many get discouraged by the wait for the first approval. As we know, once you've opened the gate, the process becomes much quicker and easier. There are now 28 LGs primed and ready for the next event, and I'm CERTAIN that we will be able to bring even more benefit to the Map than the massive additions we created in the first event. 

And to @MarcoDavoli's point in the quote, this is a very important mission. If anyone needs inspiration, I'd like to point to @AnshukMitra's journey mapping in Rural India as we just focused on in the December #StateChallenge Trivia Game. He went above and beyond to see first-hand the positive impact of this mission to get all of these roads mapped.

Many congratulations to those who Zapped their Zeros! And, thank you @SholaIB@MarcoDavoli@Lukas_@MrFreez & the whole TRAC Team for the motivation and hard work organizing and keeping us moving forward.  

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

We are still on TRAC @SholaIB 

I always enjoy being a part of the team because there’s always so much to learn. 

Level 9

@SholaIB  what an incredible achievement by the Stay-On-TRAC team! Adding 10,492 roads in just over three weeks is no small feat, and it speaks volumes about the dedication and teamwork of each member. 

Mohamed Ahmed (Mo-TravelleerX)
Chinese Name (Wang Li 王李)
Follow me: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - YouTube

My Greatest Articles:
My 2 Years of Experience as a Google Local Guide

My 3 Years Journey as a Google Local Guide in Egypt and China
Connect Moderator

Hello @JustJake 

Always looking forward to your hilarious and inspirational comments always. Thank you for commenting and for participating . We can achieve more through joint community efforts always. I have a few more days on roads and I'll take a break to prepare for our biggest event next march 2024 all things being equal.

Yes am happy @TerryPG has gotten rid of his big 0 on added roads. There are thousands of local guides still having that big 0. We need to inspire them to join and to add.

@MrFreez my home guy thank you for always being close to motivate and participate. We will run things together more closely soon. Stay tunned.

@Mo-TravelleerX thanks for your comments very nice of you. Keep adding and see you soon on top sometime soon on roads.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge