LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Sci Club 18 - Cortina D'Ampezzo

Me at the end of sciclub18 wearing the svt tshirtMe at the end of sciclub18 wearing the svt tshirt

In 1930, some skiers in the area of Cortina D'Ampezzo, created a Sci Club.

In 2009, the members of the club decided to create a challenging rock climbing route in the ski area, and created SciClub18.

View from the middle of the route on the city of Cortina D'AmpezzoView from the middle of the route on the city of Cortina D'Ampezzo

Yesterday, due to a little injury, my daughter Virginia could not climb (bycicle accident) so I decided to go to this gym for climbing alone.

I've always heard about this route but I never tried.

The route gently starts in the meadows, but suddenly starts to climb and I reach the beginning

Here I meet a young woman called Olimpia, from Rome, that had to go back, the route was too hard for her, and, just to have some fun while she was waiting for her brother, she was rolling a joint 🙂

The route is more than vertical, and requires alpinistic skills. Don't understimate the physical and technical requirements of sciclub18.

The routeThe route

The classical difficult rate is around V+ and you can try go climbing without any aid; I had to use the metallic rope heavily more than once...

So please, be adviced, if you want to repeat this ascent, take care!

I will add later More pictures along the route

Obviously I made some aerial from the top....

12 comments
Level 10

Re: Sci Club 18 - Cortina D'Ampezzo

Former Google Contributor

Hi @LucioV

Thank you for this amazing post. I really enjoyed the aerial video, as it gave me amazing vibes. 

Are you planning to visit other sites of Dolomiti in the next days? 

Please keep us updated and I hope your daughter will get better. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thanks @Sorbe and @davidhyno!

Yes in the next week we will climb rozes and cinque torri again! @davidhyno yesterday the mavic 2 was released! Have a look!

Connect Moderator

Fantastic post @LucioV !!!

thank you for sharing the beauty of the Alps with us. Torben 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Thanks @TorM Torben! Added few more images, I've got some issues with data connection here 😉

Level 9

Great photos, looks charming thank you @LucioV for sharing with us

Level 10

Thanks @AbdullahAM!

Just adding another video: you can see the wall with the route and the funicular climbing up

Level 9

Just have seen the video, very wonderful, thank you @LucioV

Level 10

Thanks @AbdullahAM all the videos are 4K, but now I don't have time and bandwidth to upload in full quality.
I will update the thread as soon as they are available.