HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Reviews On Google Maps Can Now Be Saved As Draft

Hi @HelloSamsonR

There were a lot of excellent new features added to Google Maps lately, it just gets better all the time. #io18 was sensational. 

The wonderful developers of nigeria got that special mention as well! Go Lagos! 

Thank you for this post! 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Level 8

@HelloSamsonR I will have to check this, Perth is usually the last to know

Level 7

Really handy feature, now one can start a review, pulse and continue at a later time 😄 

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Omg I saw this option on Google Maps while writing reviews since last week but it didn't work for me. While excitingly watching I/O 2018 live and hearing the new updates coming into Google Maps in the coming days:

News-Updates: Check-out-the-latest-news-from-Google-I-O I was super excited to explore the new features that would be coming on Google Maps. So the updates came and I updated my app on the Google Play store.

This time I said am gonna give it a try and it worked. I wrote first some few lines and checked back later after 10mins and I saw I could find my draft saved first without even posting the review to go live(public) on Google Maps. Then this time to fully confirm it, I wrote the review and didn't post. I actually waited for 21 hours. After 21 hours I came back and still found my review saved as a draft in detail as I wrote them.  Now this really worked, then I posted. 

This is a great feature introduce to Google Maps, sometimes you might be writing a well detailed review, a call can come in from your mobile phone or the app crash, this will make you go 😢. But with this draft option you can now be 😁 and secured spending time writing well detailed reviews on Google Maps. 

I have attached some photos to give you a glimpse how this works. + Some updates to Maps are really nice :-).

Screenshot_2018-05-13-23-07-10.png

Screenshot_2018-05-13-23-04-49.png

James Edeani - Lagos Local Guide
Level 8

Very useful good news!!

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Omg I saw this option on Google Maps while writing reviews since last week but it didn't work for me. While excitingly watching I/O 2018 live and hearing the new updates coming into Google Maps in the coming days:

News-Updates: Check-out-the-latest-news-from-Google-I-O I was super excited to explore the new features that would be coming on Google Maps. So the updates came and I updated my app on the Google Play store.

This time I said am gonna give it a try and it worked. I wrote first some few lines and checked back later after 10mins and I saw I could find my draft saved first without even posting the review to go live(public) on Google Maps. Then this time to fully confirm it, I wrote the review and didn't post. I actually waited for 21 hours. After 21 hours I came back and still found my review saved as a draft in detail as I wrote them.  Now this really worked, then I posted. 

This is a great feature introduce to Google Maps, sometimes you might be writing a well detailed review, a call can come in from your mobile phone or the app crash, this will make you go 😢. But with this draft option you can now be 😁 and secured spending time writing well detailed reviews on Google Maps. 

I have attached some photos to give you a glimpse how this works. + Some updates to Maps are really nice :-).

Screenshot_2018-05-13-23-07-10.png

Screenshot_2018-05-13-23-04-49.png

Level 8

@HelloSamsonR

thanks for excellent info...........

SANJAYKUMAR PATEL
Level 7

Great post boss

Well, coincidentally, I was reviewing Domina Pizza at Ajao estate when I noticed this feature!

I really like it, because I was at work and my attention was divided but this "save feature" enable it to be possible to continue from where I stopped.

Nice one GoogleMap

Level 10

@Magbagbeola wrote:

Great post boss

Well, coincidentally, I was reviewing Domina Pizza at Ajao estate when I noticed this feature!

I really like it, because I was at work and !y attention was divided but this save featire enable it to be possible to continue from whee i stopped.

Nice one GoogleMap

Thanks @Magbagbeola Good to hear about your experience. This feature comes handy and very useful for you. Am sure you will definitely benefit a lot from it.