DavidTerronPla's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Restaurants, desserts and reviews.

Hello friends, I present you a new and sweet post.

I do not know what you will think, but for me one of the key aspects to take a good memory of a restaurant is desserts. Call me gourmand if you want, I am ?

My favorite desserts in restaurantsMy favorite desserts in restaurants 

I know that there are many factors that make our experience in a restaurant deserve a favorable review and that these may vary depending on the person or even the region or country where we are.

No less important aspects are a pleasant welcome, good table service (including the waiters smile), comfort in the room, a balance between value for money, adequate accessibility to its facilities and to the contents of the menu (languages, prices, letter sizes ...) and everything that has to do with health and hygiene issues, from the treatment given to the product to the cleaning of the facilities and the people who work there.

But for me, dessert is still one of the fundamental aspects for my restaurant experience to be TOP. And there is no good food that does not end with a good dessert (and a good coffee ) and in many restaurants they know it when we see that the prices are tremendously disproportionate compared to the rest of the menu.

In my opinion, a good dessert in a restaurant must strike a balance between product, presentation and technique so that it can justify its price and complete the experience.

When I write my comments and upload my photos on Google Maps of the restaurants I visit, the dessert photos can never be missing. Here are some of the last ones I did.

Gourmand tea (typical in France: a tea or coffee accompanied by three small portions of different desserts).Gourmand tea (typical in France: a tea or coffee accompanied by three small portions of different desserts).Ice cream with pieces of brownies and cookies.Ice cream with pieces of brownies and cookies.Mango ready to tasteMango ready to tasteCheesecake and red berry caramelCheesecake and red berry caramelCheesecake revisited.Cheesecake revisited.Tiramisu.Tiramisu.Baked peach stuffed with pieces of charlotte tartBaked peach stuffed with pieces of charlotte tartSelection of desserts.Selection of desserts.Thousand sheets of chocolate with ice cream.Thousand sheets of chocolate with ice cream.

Photos taken by @DavidTerronPla in my favorits restaurants.

You also like desserts. What are the most important factors in your reviews of a restaurant on Google Maps? What are your tips for taking better dessert photos? I will be incredibly happy to read your comments and see your best photos of desserts in restaurants.

See you soon!

Toulouse, France
18 comments
Level 10

Re: Restaurants, desserts and reviews.

@DavidTerronPla I love the desert especially the fruit one looks lovely and delicious

Level 9

Level 8

I feel what you said about desserts. I also love eating dessert at a restaurant but sometimes they are too sweet and feels like committing sin after you finish it lol. BUT France is a heaven for pastries and desserts. I only have good memories of eating the best kind of desserts when I was visiting... Sigh. Great photos of tasty plates 🙂 yum. 

Level 6

Hi @DavidTerronPla 

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. 

Personally I love cafés with beautiful interiors. I like desserts which do not have any synthetic dyes. I love Ice-cream the most.

188CC7C9-927D-4DFB-986E-E6E9631DEB92.png

Caption: Panna Cotta and Tea at The Sujan Raj Mahal Palace, Jaipur, India. Picture by LG@VinayKrishna.

For some nice food photography tips, you can take a look at Why you should use natural light to photograph food article.

You can take a look at 6 helpful photo tips from Nigerian food blogger Atim Ukoh, for some great tips on food photography.

Wander - Indulge - Eat
with Vinay Krishna
Level 9

Thanks for your comment @VinayKrishna 
That panna cotta looks good.
I also like ice cream 😋. Have you tried black vanilla ice cream? 👉Look at this post I love ice cream, and you?

Level 9

Thank you very much for taking your time to comment @Çağıl 

I agree with what you say, sometimes the desserts are too sweet. Here in France there is a very important campaign to reduce the consumption of sugars. But to whom does a sweet sour? 😉🤔

Level 7

Wow, so yummy food. I must try them at home. #Stayhome #StaySafe
Level 9

Hi @Haalimi I hope that soon we can go back to the restaurants and try many things!

Level 7

@DavidTerronPla according to you, what you might think is not very important, if it is, it is the cherry on the paste ... very provocative photos! ... thanks for this post!