cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Virtual Meet-Up: Part-5

During the Virtual Meet-Up timeDuring the Virtual Meet-Up time

Hello, dear Local Guides,

It was my hosted first virtual meetup. On April 22, 2020, I have conducted a Virtual Meet-Up called Virtual Meet-Up: Part-5 organized by Local Guides Bangla team. It was a series of Meet-Up. Though we've completed our Virtual Meet-Up Part:1-4.

In this Virtual Meet-Up around 50/55 Local Guides from Bangladesh & India were joined with us. Before going to share the Meet-Up details, at first I would like to thanks all the participants and speakers for joining us and making the meet-up more meaningful.

Many people contribute on Google maps as a hobby and because of ignorance they do mistake. So this time our meetup topics were: Spam free maps. It was a kind of live conversation.

In the introduction session each participant was given a room to tell us their name, Local Guide level and their location. This was not achieved in a single take as more Local Guides joined in subsequently. Such persons made their introductions at a later time of the meeting.

introduction sessionintroduction session

After finished introducing session @ksyfullah07 bhai who joined Connect Live 2019, he share his story how he become a local guide & connect live 2019 experience. He also share with us how people improve their Business by using Google My Business.

Khaled Syfullah who live in Japan told his story with us.Khaled Syfullah who live in Japan told his story with us.

@ShafiulB , @ShahMdSultan , and Me share how can we do our best contribution, what type of photos & reviews we can share in the map, how to check the facts, how to report or flag a content that goes against the program policy etc. ShafiulB share with us a connect post about How to protect your local guide account? in Bangla language. It was a Googler @AriMar post Bangla version.

I also share a Google Form with our community people where they submit spammer profile link with reason, after we got this we try to find him on social media and try to teach him how to contribute on Maps.

Special thanks to @ShakilAK Bhai, @SolaimanHossain , @aukanamul11 , @Farhan21 , & @SaifIS, for sharing some thoughts and inspiring words regarding the Meet-Up.

Big thanks to all Local Guides and participants. Thanks @Siddiqui-BA @Mohammadalauddin Bhai for you support.

Check out the photo album to see more of our activities: Virtual Meet-Up Part 5 

Announcement: If you like our previous virtual meetup part: 1-5 please join our next meetup series  Part-6,  Part-7, Part-8,

Stay home, Stay safe, Stay healthy.

Thanks with regards

Md. Mafujul Islam

#MeetUp #LetsGuide #LocalGuides #LocalGuidesConnect

Dhaka, Bangladesh
26 comments
Level 9

Re: [Recap] Virtual Meet-Up: Part-5

I would like to give my best regards to @bdmafuz bhai for arranging such a wonderful Meetup.

I have enjoyed hearing the participants expectations and questions. All the admins/Moderators along with You successfully given all the answers regards SPAM free Mapping.

I have carefully listened to @ksyfullah07 brother's experience regarding connectlive 2019. It was a wonderful experience.

I have missed some important topics discussed by you.

I don't have any regrats as at the end there was some fun discussion with my fellow LG friend.

Thanks to you again for arranging this successful Meetup

Shakil Akhter Khan,Motorbiker, LG from Dhaka
Who Am I-

Profile & Post Information

Level 8

Thanks @ShakilAK for your valuable word. Together we can make better maps for everyone.

Level 8

Thank you very much @bdmafuz for nice organize of virtual meetup. I always like mapping in the right way. So I don't support spam at any time. Maping all time spam–free contribution right now. So great job my dear. 

Level 7

চমৎকার আয়োজন ছিল এতে কোন সন্দেহ নেই। সামনের দিনগুলোতে এইরকম আরো মিটআপ চাই তাহলে ম্যাপে ছবি দেওয়ার সময় আমরা আমাদেরকে ভুলত্রুটি মুক্ত রাখতে পারব। অনেক ধন্যবাদ 

মোঃ রিয়াজুল হক

চট্টগ্রাম 

Level 8

Thanks  for arranging such kinds virtual meet up. It was a great meet up who joined firstly. I learnt many things about spam free guiding. Thank you Mahfuz vai. Thank you local guide bangla team. 

Mohammad Ali Khan
From Bangladesh .
Level 8

Thanks @Mohammadalauddin Bhai for join with us. 

Level 8

Thanks @RHoqueBD for join this meetup. We always try to share which the helpful for everyone. I already share our 3 more virtual meetup link in the below of my Recap. Feel free to join with us.       

Connect Moderator

@bdmafuz It had a nice meet up and i was so glad to sharing my spam free knowledge.  Thanks @ShahMdSultan @Farhan21 @aukanamul11 @ShakilAK for your collaboration for this great meet up. 

Together we can make a spam free maps 

Happy Guiding! 

Level 8

Thanks @Mak5 for join with us. Its our success you learn many new things from our meetup. Stay connected.