PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Local Guides Virtual Photo Exhibition - The culmination of 10 weeks of photography workshops

Workshop 10 Opening SlideWorkshop 10 Opening SlideOver the last ten weeks around fifty Local Guides met each Sunday 8pm AEST for a photography workshop. When I first had the idea I worked out a rough program and thought, I need about ten one hour sessions to deliver it culminating in a celebration of the progress of the people in the workshop. That was about twelve weeks ago and I was pretty sure this covid thing would blow over long before we got done and I figured out the last one was on July 5th. I guess I was a little bit wrong on that since my home state of Victoria is back into Stage 3 lock down this week. I wasn’t wrong in thinking photography workshops would be useful, interesting and popular. I thought that we’d have some fun times and achieve some learning together. I didn’t foresee that over ten weeks the people who came out every week over and over would turn into a Local Guides Photography family.

As the workshops grew I had two partners in the crime of fun @AnandaSim  who came without fail every week and was an awesome knowledge mate who could take a question if I didn’t know the answer or expand on one of my answers to make it amazing. Secondly was @MaxPlusFood  who would step in during technical difficulties and entertain like his life depended on it.

Our exhibition saw around half of the regular attendees submit 21 awesome images and they will all be included in this post reproduced with permission. All of the Local Guides started with varying degrees of knowledge and skill and I’m very proud that my little photography family has grown together and has lifted their achievements week by week. Everyone turned in a great image for the final exhibition. Because I’m including their images I’m going to take the unusual step of mentioning people in the comments - I normally discourage over tagging but I think in this case it is warranted so that they get to see their images and the reception of them.

The exhibition ran for about an hour and a half then @FalguniP  surprised me because she’d worked behind the scenes to get as many of the regulars together for a video thank you message expressing Guru Purnima where they thanked me as their teacher which was amazing and a huge honour.

The attendees were from all over the globe with every continent except Antarctica present at one time or another during the series.

You can read about the other nine weeks on the main post about the workshops and there are links to all the workshops on YouTube, the slide decks, the recaps and the photo albums from the weekly challenge tasks.

I found the end of this final session to be remarkably like the feeling at the end of Connect where the people had grown together as a family and no-one wanted to leave so it was the longest goodbye of all the workshops. You can really feel the love from everyone who was there.

A massive thank you to all the special guests I had during the series I could not have completed this without you.

Now lets see the exhibition images

Stuart CookStuart CookAnshuk MitraAnshuk MitraAnanda SimAnanda SimSayori DasguptaSayori DasguptaAnil SinghAnil SinghGuru Krishna PriyaGuru Krishna PriyaNita Burman ChoudhuryNita Burman ChoudhuryJesicaJesicaDevansh JainDevansh JainMukul RahmanMukul RahmanEwaade OluwaEwaade OluwaFalguni PalejaFalguni PalejaYuliiaYuliiaRosy KohliRosy KohliFelicianaFelicianaOliver LeeOliver LeeShreeya BaraiShreeya BaraiJaison ArokiarajJaison ArokiarajAniaAniaRaju RoyalRaju Royal

80 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Local Guides Virtual Photo Exhibition - The culmination of 10 weeks of photography works

I normally advise against over tagging but in this case I feel an exception is warranted because these people need to be recognised and need to see people comments on their work so I will tag each of the exhibitors in the first few comments

@Stuart_C @AnshukMitra @AnandaSim @SDG0205 @Anil6969 @Gurukrishnapriya @NitaBC @Jesi 

Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Local Guides Virtual Photo Exhibition - The culmination of 10 weeks of photography works

I normally advise against over tagging but in this case I feel an exception is warranted because these people need to be recognised and need to see people comments on their work so I will tag each of the exhibitors in the first few comments

@RamboRazor @MukulR @Ewaade_3A @FalguniP @rajuroyal @YuliiaZa @RosyKohli 

Connect Moderator

@Velvel @OliverKIWI @Shreeya_99 @jaisoncbe @AniaKiser 

Level 9

A great finale of the 10 session series! What a commitment! Thank you for bringing us together to have these fun-filled, informative workshops. We all learned something useful and interesting! 

Happy Snapping and Keep guiding @PaulPavlinovich 

PS: I should be in the video,,,,,

★  Guiding Stars 2021   ★  My Footprints   ★  Instagram 

Level 9

Awwwww. 

This is too beautiful!

I am coming back to read wvery line of this comment 'like my life depends on it'.

You are amazing through and through.

Thanks for 'locking us down' during this Lockdown

You are the best! @PaulPavlinovich 

Level 8

It was 10 weeks of fun and photography... And I must say it will always be my favourite meet-up series I've ever attended... Met so many photo enthusiasts alongwith a fantastic teacher and it help me see the world differently and best part is- I can look to the video again and again in case I forget something... 

Thank you so much @PaulPavlinovich for organising this meet-up series and making our Sundays awesome and worthy... 

Next time we will have people from Antartica as well 😂😂🙃😉...

Take care Paul,

Anshuk.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @OliverKIWI I really enjoyed your Street Photography segment.

@Ewaade_3A you are a beautiful soul who has been through some challenges and have rebuilt your enthusiasm for life. I love your spirit.

Paul

Level 9

Thank you @PaulPavlinovich for including my photo here 🙂 All photos look special here. It's a pity I couldn't be a part of the final workshop as we have summer time in Poland and (at least for now) we don't have to stay at home anymore because of Covid-19, so I try to be outside as much as possible. It was a nice time and great 'photo group' for the past 10 weeks as well as great opportunity to improve our skills and get a professional info from you and @AnandaSim. Thank you one more time

Connect Moderator

Maybe our next meet-up should be in Antarctica @AnshukMitra ? I've always wanted to go. A friend of mine runs photography workshop tours and has asked me to come and help out several times offering me a half priced ticket in return for working on the cruise as a tutor but even then its nearly $A10,000 so I've never been able to do it.

One of the interesting things about photography is you really do start to see the world differently. You see colours, textures, light, dark and shapes everywhere. When you get into photographing people you start staring into people's eyes which can really creep them out 😂🤣.

Thanks for saying I made your Sundays worthwhile. Looking around there are a lot of other virtual meet-ups happening that look interesting.

Paul