PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Local Guides Photo Workshop 9 - Quiz Week - The Penultimate

Workshop 9 cover photoWorkshop 9 cover photoIn what was our penultimate production of the Local Guides Photo Workshop we came together again on Sunday. This week we had two awesome guest speakers. My image picks from the week before were by Nita, Devansh and Yuliia. Watch the video to see them.

@MaxPlusFood Max discussed the new features rolling out in Google Photos and demonstrated the best of the features the Maps view of your photos. Thanks Max.

@OliverKIWI gave us a great understanding of Street Photography and "capturing the moment".

Surrounding the speakers we did nine quizzes between 1 and 3 minutes each played on the musical chairs principle of when the music stopped the quiz was over. This was the first time I had used Quiz mode of Google Forms and while it worked fairly well the way it allocates points was a bit weird. The attendee Local Guides exhibited a great understanding of the topics form the workshops which is really awesome. I have seen their photography change and improve over the weeks so I knew they would do well. We chatted between each quiz and people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Screenshot of attendeesScreenshot of attendees

If you're coming along for the exhibition please make sure you put in your entry which should be your favourite photo taken during the last nine weeks. If you don't have something from now its ok to put in something from earlier via this form https://forms.gle/EnjyFBnKo3Lbhoxb6 

Thank you all for making this series so much fun and I hope to see you at the exhibition week.

This week there were Adrian, Ananda, Riya, Ollie, Jesi, Falguni, Max, Roberto, Anshuk, Devansh, Ewaade, Feliciana, Isha, Jaison, Madan, Mukul, Nita, Raju, Shreeya, Vikram and Yuliia. Ania sent her apologies as she's spending time away with her family this week.

You can see the slides from this week. There is no photo album this week.

Paul

15 comments
Level 6

Re: [Recap] Local Guides Photo Workshop 9 - Quiz Week - The Penultimate

Thanks for sharing YouTube link of meet-up. 

Nepal local guide

Instagram

Twitter

Level 8

The Quizes were the most fun part of this meetup !😊

@PaulPavlinovich 

#TEAMINDIA
#TEAMMAHARASHTRA
Connect Moderator

I just had to replace the video @AshokPatel new link https://youtu.be/SBeXjUDGu_0 

Connect Moderator

I am glad you enjoyed them @Shreeya_99 I was hoping they would be interesting and not boring!

Level 9

What a pity I missed this Quiz workshop @PaulPavlinovich 😉 I can tell Max was very entertaining as always 😂 That's great Oliver was talking about street photography,what is very interesting topic for me. 

I'm affraid I won't be able to attend the workshop #10 as we're going for a weekend to do some hiking and for an extraordinary street art hunt (murals on the barns!).  Enjoy the "graduation" meet up everyone! 🙂

Level 9

Such a pleasure to be a guest speaker and we had great fun. The quiz was really useful way to check if you know the basic knowledge! So glad to be a part of this! Thank you @PaulPavlinovich 

★  Guiding Stars 2021   ★  My Footprints   ★  Instagram 

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich 

It was awesome session, specially Max quite entertaining. Had gal time that day see @MaxPlusFood Couldn't stop laughing 😂🤣 kids were wandering why am laughing so much his different looks .

Study & fun made the session more lively. 

Thanks for recap. 

Virtual meet up by Paul.Virtual meet up by Paul.

Level 8

Your recap describes how the meetup was and the topic is very apt @PaulPavlinovich  

Indeed the nine weeks  were really amazing I enjoyed a lot. 

This week I couldn't make up as my was not well again.  Just yesterday got a sigh of relief. 

I thank you very much for conducting this series of Meet-ups. I have gained so much knowledge about photography. Once I am free, I will try street view photography. God willing I will attend the Sunday Meet-up. 

See you.

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Connect Moderator

Hi attendees its time for our exhibition and party night which is all about celebrating you and sharing your best image from the last nine weeks. We come together tomorrow at 8pm Sunday 5th July AEST. Join by Google Meet https://meet.google.com/vsp-bjqx-kny please submit your exhibition entry through this form https://forms.gle/EnjyFBnKo3Lbhoxb6 before 4pm Sunday 5th AEST. You will have an opportunity to talk in the meet-up about your image and to talk to other people about their images. Image submission is only open to people who have attended previous workshops please. Anyone is welcome to come to the exhibition. Bring food and drink to have during. Paul