marwahns25's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

RENDANG : One of Favorite Food in Indonesia that You Must Try!

Hello all friend in local guides connect. This is my first post, and today I wanna share little bit information about Rendang. But, first I wanna tell my story how I can eat Rendang.

So, a few days ago was my birthday and my mom sent me some food from Sukabumi to Bandung by delivery service (Sukabumi and Bandung are different town, but still one province in West Java). Actually, My parents are from Sumatra but they go to java island for live. So, that the reason why I eat Rendang. 

Let's talk about Rendang. Rendang is one of cuisine from Indonesia especially from West Sumatra (Minangkabau) and mostly indonesian people really love that. Rendang is meat cooked with coconut milk and spices until the gravy is completely dry. For the cooking process, it needs a few hours (3-4 hours I guess), until the color of meat is deep black.

02aa3376-d203-44f8-9754-f6528ed3c5c7.jpg

Rendang usually served at customary ceremony or a great occasion like wedding feast, Eid Fitr, and other customary ceremonies. Even this characteristic food, served as main menu at ceremonial in many other regions.
for how to cook and selecting spices are different dependent on each region.

the texture is so chewythe texture is so chewy

The texture is really chewy maybe because cooked for a few hours. and the tastes really delicious and I do love it, My mom always nags me because I eat it without rice or ketupat sticky rice or something contain carbohydrate. Because most Indonesian people asume that something called eating is eat rice with side dishes, so when I only eat side dishes my mom will nag to me.😂😂😂

Currently, we can find Rendang in every Padang's Restaurant (Rumah Makan Padang), even we can find many other kind of characteristics food from west sumatra.

In general, Rendang made from beef, but actually Rendang also can made from chicken, duck, cow liver, even eel, and others.
To be honest, Rendang that I have ate only beef, and chicken. I'm curious how the taste of Duck Rendang, Cow Liver Rendang, Eel Rendang, and Others Rendang. Perhaps, someday I will try it, straight from West Sumatra.

it's sticky rice ketupatit's sticky rice ketupat

e23f6e8c-ffa9-45c9-827a-d91e208c51ee.jpg

My family usually serve Rendang with Sticky Rice Ketupat.
Sticky Rice Ketupat is sticky rice that wrapped in woven coconut leaves shaped like rhombus and cooked with coconut milk. And the taste is really savory and chewy. I really like when my mom cook it.

so, i think it's the end of my story. thank you for attention. 
if you have something to tell just comment below. See you, on the next my story. 

Warm Regards From Indonesia

Marwah
Bandung, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
21 comments
Level 8

Bls: RENDANG : One of Favorite Food in Indonesia that You Must Try!

Cool post, thanks for sharing

Level 8

Re: RENDANG : One of Favorite Food in Indonesia that You Must Try!

Hello @marwahns25

Welcome to Connect! 

Excellent writing, after reading and awesome images now all I want is to eat this food. Never tried or even heard about these type food. (We usually eat rice, beef or other side dish) 

Looks so yammammy ❤❤

Thanks for sharing with us these excellent thing

Don't forget to Introduce Yourself too, if still you haven't done it yet, and feel free to ask if you need any help or tips.

with ❤

aziz ullah, 

😊

Level 10

Terima kasih @marwahns25 

Sudah berbagi salah satu kuliner Favourite di Indonesia. Penyajiannya sangat beragam tidak hanya pakai kupat saja. Mungkin mas @kasiyanta dari kota Solo bisa menambahkan varian dari kuliner khas dari Sumatera Barat ini

Ditunggu artikel berikutnya

Salut

Level 8

OMG I want it sooooo bad! It's look so delicious. Love love

Level 10

Terima kasih @TehAra96  telah mampir, mana sahabat Bandung Local Guides yang lain ?

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Jangan lupa makan dengan nasi hangat @marwahns25 , mantul makannya . Terima kasih sudah berbagi 

Google Moderator

Hello @marwahns25,

Rendang is one of my favorite too, the sauce is just amazing! Eating rice only with rendang sauce, won't be a problem for me. 

In addition to that, I would like to let you know that I've released your post from our spam quarantine. Apologies for any inconvenience caused - our spam filters are sensitive and can be triggered by a myriad of functions. 

For more information on how posts or comments can be caught by our spam filter, I recommend you to read this article Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

my pleasure, by the way ada ngga nih makanan Indonesia yang @Leo_Jowy sangat suka? Kalo ada, komentar di bawah yaaa.