Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] Accessible Gurugram Episode 12 - MG Road Metro Station

Every major and minor city in India has an MG Road which is named after Mahatma Gandhi except in Gurugram which stands for Mehrauli-Gurgaon road. There's even an MG Road metro station.

With the opening of metro rail services, the lockdown in Gurugram has ended. People have started using the metro rails on a full scale. As part of this meetup, the MG Road Metro station was visited and the following accessibility features were assessed:

1. Availability of ramps and elevators.
2. Accessibility of the elevators and toilets.
3. Availability of hand-rails, tactile paths, and extra-wide automatic flap-gates.
4. Availability of numbers and emergency call buttons in elevators in Braille and at a low height.
5. Audio-visual indications and signages at prominent public places.
6. Accessibility of the parking space.
7. Visual indicators in metro-train for the vision-impaired.
8. Audio Announcements inside the metro-train about station, arrival, and door opening side.

Accessible Gurugram Episode 12 - MG Road Metro StationAccessible Gurugram Episode 12 - MG Road Metro Station

Here's an overview of the various accessibility features at the MG Road Metro Station in Gurugram.

1. Availability of Ramps and Elevators.

✔️ Ramps are available from the road level towards the lift/elevator lobby.

2. Accessibility of the Elevators

The elevator/lift lobby has a well-paved and leveled surface for ease of access for the differently-abled with clear accessibility signs.
Also, the elevator door on opening revealed a leveled joint to enable a smooth entry for a wheelchair.

3. Accessibility of Toilets.

The toilet had a clear sign of the accessibility icon and also there was ready provision for a wheelchair when demanded along with a housekeeping staff who promptly took passengers to the destination.

4. Availability Extra-Wide Automatic Flap-Gates.

As seen in the photo above both wheelchair and an extra-wide gate were available for smooth entry to the station after purchasing the ticket.

5. Availability of Handrails

Handrails were available on the staircase and also inside the train coach besides marked sitting places reserved for the differently-abled also called 'Divyang' in India.

6. Tactile Paths

Tactile paths to aid the visually-impaired are found everywhere in the metro station.

7. Availability of Numbers and Emergency Call Buttons in Elevators in Braille and at a Low Height.

8. Audio-Visual Indications and Signages at Prominent Places.

9. Visual indicators in the Metro Coach for the Vision Impaired.

The entrance to the metro coach was leveled-off with the platform, there were visual indicator stickers all over the floor both on the platform and also inside the coach for the visually-impaired. Besides this, there was a train route well-illuminated with indicators glowing in a different color when a station is approaching and also indicating the stations traveled.

10. Audio Announcements Inside the Metro Coach About Station, Arrival, and Door Opening Side.

During the entire travel, I could hear announcements regarding the next station and the side of the coach the door will open.
The announcements were loud and clear to help those with hearing impairments. 

Here's the video about the meetup that includes some extra video footage besides the photos.

BR,

Tushar Suradkar

Gurugram, India

Gurugram, Haryana, India
10 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Accessible Gurugram Episode 12 - MG Road Metro Station

नमस्कार..

@Tushar_Suradkar 

पुन्हा एकदा छान छान मांडणी सह..

Connect Moderator

आभारी आहे अभिप्राया बद्दल 🙏 @Shrut19 

Level 8

नमस्कार @Tushar_Suradkar उत्तम कल्पना उत्तम मांडणी उत्तम योगदान सगळेच उत्तमोत्तम आहे. तुझ्या या योगदानाची जेवढी प्रशंसा करेल तेवढी कमीच आहे. आमच्या सोबत शेअर केल्याबद्दल धन्यवाद मित्र.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

त्रिवार आभार मित्रा @Rohan10 

तुझ्या सारख्या मित्रांची साथ आणि अविरत प्रशंसा व प्रोत्साहना मुळे इथवर मजल मारली याचे मोठे श्रेय तुला जातं 😊

Connect Moderator

The accessibility features in MG Road Station are so great @Tushar_Suradkar 

Thanks for hosting this meet-up and writing the recap. It's really informative 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Velvel 

Since this is a relatively modern metro station, several accessibility features are included.

Level 10

Great job my dear friend @Tushar_Suradkar 🤩👍

Congratulations and warm greetings for your successful Meet up and nice recaps

All the best my dear💙

MD MAHBUB HYDER
Connect Moderator

Hi @MAHBUB_HYDER 

Thank you, buddy 👍

Connect Moderator

Brilliant post @Tushar_Suradkar

I saw Tactile tiles first time in Srilanka and then in Malaysia, I never thought about it, till I met @IlankovanT in Accessibility meetups and Walks in Colombo, there he educate me a lot, and I can say, he is a true ambassador of Accessibility .

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge