PushpendraKhadka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Pushpendra Khadka - Local Guide from Nepal

Hello and Namaste, 

This is me Pushpendra Khadka, local guide from Nepal. 

I started mapping 5,6 years ago and I love it. Last year Google mapmaker is officially closed and I also switched to local guide program. I sign up for LG program very before closing of map maker but I was contributioning using mapmaker. 

After switching to LG program I got lots of friends from with same thoughts. My first friend that I met from LG program is  @Sarojdhakal who is attendee of last year global meet up. I got lots of ideas from him. For planning Nepal national summit 2017 I arranged a small meet up where I got golden chance to meet others LG fellows @SovitaD, @LaxmiG1, @YAYAWAR and Saroj ji there. Sovita ji is next attendee from Nepal on global meet up last year.

I got lot of ideas and information about global meet up from these two fellows which help me lot on mapping. 

After that we are waiting for national meet up. Which was hosted by me in Nagarkot. But this meet up was completed successfully because of all friends who participated on that. Specially I want to thank saroj ji, sovita ji and @NirajBhusal for helping me on every step. 

From that meet up I got lots of friends from various corner of Nepal. This year also we planned to host National meet up 2017 and we are planning on that. 

@Surendra, @RupendraNeupane, @BishowvijayaP thanks for being friend and for inviting on every meet up hosted.

I am from a hilly region of eastern part of Nepal. In 2009 when I first time used Google Earth I searched my village but I can not find inside hills. At that I was so curious about how this mapping process goes and who are responsible for adding names and places in map. Every time when I visit cyber cafe or where there was internet connection used search my village. Finally I found my village on map using satellite view in 2011. I was so happy but there were not any place names around. There was not any roads also. But when I search other places or cities there was roads and various places name. Then I started to search how to add these on map? In 2012 I come to know about Google map maker program. There is interesting story about it also. I was searching some places on map, suddenly I got my eyes on right bottom side in small letters there was edit map. I click that , which starts my journey as Mapper to Local guides now. Then I started to mapping but I don't have any idea what to add ? What not to add? Are we allowed to add private places or not? I just started to add randomly and anything. But my edits are rejected and I was so sad. Later on I learned more about mapping then I was so happy now my Edits are being approved.

When the LG program was introduced and every one around started to map using their smartphone or computer mapping becomes so easy. And local guide connect platform makes easy to communicate with other LG who are around the world and ready to help each other every time. Thanks Local guide team for providing such platform.

I love taking 360 photos too.  I was so happy when I got message from @BoLorentzen stating that he will forward me some equipment for easy street view photos from mobile. I was so happy I got message from legends who are working on photography field since 80's (before I was born).

I want to participate on coming big program because I love to meet friends from various country who has same thoughts and they are contributing to make map better. I am taking with them only on Google local guide connect but I want to meet them personally and also want to know more about LG program this why I want to be part of this meet up. 

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Nepal
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Pushpendra Khadka - Local Guide from Nepal

Dear @PushpendraKhadka you have noticeably mentioned what problems we have faced in Google map in our locality. Thank you so much for letting us know about your local guide journey in detail. 

It was my pleasureful moment that I'd met you in meetup and we have maintained our relation strong in good faith. Your dedicatio to the google map is inspirational one for others.

I had seen you taking 360 photos and that helped me to do so after I updated myself with new cell. The sharing of knowledge continues. 

Wish you all the best for your application. 😃

Let's have a look at this amazing fellofellow guys: @Anonymous @AkmalB @DavidTito

Level 10

@PushpendraKhadka I expect from you an update with your meetup photos and links. That would be even better. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @PushpendraKhadka, it is so nice to hear how dedicated you are for the Maps and how you find out your village on Google Earth. That is also my first contact with that app - trying to find place where I live. 

So good to hear that u where able to add places to Map, after some time ☺️, because we are all rejected sometimes - it's nothing personal.

Your story seems so honest and it's good to know that you and @BishowvijayaP are friends ☺️☺️.

Wish u a luck!

Level 10

Hi @PushpendraKhadka

You did many things remarkable,and you're contributing and helping quite some long time,

All the best for your application,

Thanks for mention me @BishowvijayaP

Level 8

Hello @PushpendraKhadka bro, thank you to you too being a nice friend and brother. And all the best for your application. 

Level 9

@PushpendraKhadka 

Proud to have you in Nepal Local Guides Community.
There are many more things remaining to learn from you. Keep Mapping,Contributing and Motivating.

All the best for the application!