YumiSapporo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Proposal for mapping for health promotion as a local guide.

@YumiSapporo wrote:

Hi@KimberlyAnnG 

I really want to tell you about smoking issue in my country, Japan is beautiful and safe places though lots of smokers are still smoking in public places. 

I want to completely ban smoking in public places in Japan for our health. 

@YumiSapporo I completely agree!!!  My own mother was a smoker and it took her life.  I've seen first hand what cigarettes do to a smoker, let alone those who live around smokers and breath the smoke second hand.  I've heard that the Japanese are fond of smoking.  Sadly, many countries have the same issue.  California has laws that prohibit smoking close to any public entrance, restaurants/bars and some apartments are even becoming non-smoking units.

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 10

@KimberlyAnnG  Thanks for your reply!

In San Francisco and LA, I haven't seen any smokers in public places. That's really a great idea for the smoking band in California.

I hate the smell of cigarette and It gives me a headache and dizzy. Japan is smoker's paradise so, most of smokers don't know about the effect of smoking or secondhand or third-hand smoking. Smoking contributes not only to cancer but also to many complications. Tobacco (passive, secondhand or third hand) harms capillaries. I support all activities towards having smoke free of mapping as a local guide.

Level 10

@YumiSapporo Wow! Very nice and colorful compilation. I can also see Marcus Foon in Your Singapore photo. Congratulations! 

Level 10

Thank you! @U-royFelixA

I went to Malaysia and Singapore on September last year and Hanoi, Vietnam too. And January this year I went see @JulianaKWK in Hong Kong still we are keep in touch.

And Juliana will visit to Sapporo in October this year. That's really fantastic!!

Level 10

@YumiSapporo Wow! That’s serious global Local Guides Connecting. Have fun dear. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @YumiSapporo what a great Meetup and well done to all of you. You're right that a question about whether a place allows smoking or not might be a good question both for smokers and non smokers who are choosing someplace to go. In Australia we're lucky in that you're not allowed to smoke in food venues although some of them risk their licenses by still allowing it. Your suggestion is a bit lost in this long post, I suggest that you create a new post on the Features and Feedback board which only contains your suggestion.

Regards Paul

Level 8

nice post @YumiSato, I understand the meaning of "health promotion".

check non-smoking area is good idea.

I also hope to have local guide tours in Nagoya.

Level 10

@U-royFelixA Yeah, It's gonna be fun if I could join the connect live so, I want to make new LG family:D

Level 10

Thank you! @PaulPavlinovich

In Japan,the price of the cigarettes, about a box is only 400 yen~it's much cheaper than Australia, that's why here's smokers paradise.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll post the feedback later.

And thanks for telling me the conformation email though I didn't get any email from LG team yet. 

Last year also I didn't get conformation mail then I asked LG team about my issue so, they told me my submission finished already.

Thank you very much for your continuing support to us!  You are so sweet! 

Level 10

@hasshiHさん、コメントありがとうございます。

日本語で大丈夫です~。名古屋も喫煙率は高いですか? 札幌の喫煙率の高さは半端ないです。女性の喫煙者も多いです。

室内で喫煙は嫌ですよね。居酒屋のボックス席で隣のゲストが全員喫煙者だったことがあり、その後で頭痛がし喉が痛くなりました。私は煙草の煙に対して、何らかのアレルギーがあるようで喫煙者が側にいるだけで、体調を崩してしまいます。

海外に行くと受動喫煙防止のため室内は完全禁煙が多いので、空気が綺麗な中でお食事ができるのは有り難いことです。日本は平和で美しい国なのに、喫煙の問題だけ後進国なのは残念なことです。