PaulKang's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Points for approved "Located in" edits?

Hello everyone,

I know that we receive the LG edit approval email when we've added the date-opened for a map listing. 

In the last year, I have successfully edited hundreds of listings so that they show that they're "Located in" a shopping mall, business park, office building, etc. 

However, I don't receive an email when a suggested edit is approved. Are we receiving points for these edits? 

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Kang
Greater Nashville, Tennessee
Nashville, TN, USA
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Points for approved "Located in" edits?

Hi @PaulKang,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your question about receiving points for making edits on Google Maps.

Please have a look at this article to understand why some of the edits are not applied. Regarding the points, levels and badging, you can double check this link. Please also keep in mind that the business owners can verify the information about their claimed businesses on Google Maps by themselves.

Please let us know if you have any additional difficulties or problems when contributing to Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi @KatyaL, I guess my general question is “do we receive points for approved Located In edits?”

Would you please provide confirmation? I’ve never received an email for those approvals, even those that have been accepted by claimed/verified business owners.

Thanks!

Paul Kang

Hi @PaulKang,

It would be easier if you can send to us what exactly was the location you're trying to add by sending a screeshot or Google Maps link of the place. Usually if you're trying to add a restaurant that is located in a shopping mall as a missing place, you should receive 15 points for place added and a confirmation email.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi @KatyaL, I’m not referring to adding a new listing. If I edit a listing so that it now says “Located In” a shopping mall (example) and the approved edit is listed on my profile, do I receive 5 points? These are the only type of edits where we don’t receive an email for.

AB64CA61-5D86-4ACC-9664-017038B4DD79.jpeg

Thanks for looking at this issue with me!

Paul Kang

Hi @PaulKang,

Thanks for sending the screenshot. As far as I can see the Chet Atkins Statue is located on the street right in front of the Philips Plaza (Building). There is no need to mark the statue as located inside the building as it is actually visible on a street level. Usually the best approach for monuments, statues or other established points of interest, would be to report the changes via send a feedback option on Google Maps, as there are certain locations like these ones that you're not supposed to edit. In this case you will not get points for your edit as you're not changing the name or adding new address. I hope this makes sense.