WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

@Anonymousthey will discourage people from contributing on the maps.

Level 10

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

@DiAnaUSWhat would be the point of reporting and they have already been choosen

Level 10

@AnonymousThey need to review their selection process if they want this programe  to go far

Level 7

I will also stop putting good photos on Google Maps for free. What is my interest from millions of views? 

Tito should have a car or flat as a gift from Google, for such ammount of excellent photos and 360° panorama's.

@Tito wrote:

Thank you for your kind answer. I am too afraid to add any more content here or to Maps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Points are not upimportant in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

The problem that they are facing now is they will lose people who were truly committed to the programme,who uploaded content that attracted people to Google Maps and ensured that there is accurate information at your fingertips.

If they continue in this manner they will need to arrange a monthly summit in order to get people to spam hundreds of fake reviews.

I have no malice intentions but it is wrong to just sit and watch this transpire,it is heart warming to see how many people dedicate and contribute to this program selflessly, and I kept it in until they started glorifying the wrong people on social media

Everyone deserves a fair chance and if they wanted promotional content to share on social media,it should have been a YouTube competition

@WaweruM wrote:

@AnonymousThey need to review their selection process if they want this programe  to go far

@WaweruM wrote:

Level 8

Hi @WaweruM,  @BishowvijayaP@NABILazeez@Paresh_Ratan@DiAnaUS, @LucioV,@NarenChandra

I think le selection just need more transparency,
all applyers should be able to connect to a board where he see the note he received for each criteria, his average and his rank.

Google Map My Contributions | CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ATTENDEES !!! | What do for the next LG summit 2018
Level 10

@SamirZ wrote:

I will also stop putting good photos on Google Maps for free. What is my interest from millions of views? 

Tito should have a car or flat as a gift from Google, for such ammount of excellent photos and 360° panorama's.

@Tito wrote:

Thank you for your kind answer. I am too afraid to add any more content here or to Maps

@SamirZ although i appreciate (since years) the work of Zeljko, i must admit that, for Google we are all important, but no one is mandatory.

You, me, Zeljko, could leave the program any time, and the program could go on by itself. 😉

So, as long as you enjoy being part of the program, you should go on 😉

I'm also a SVT photographer, and my work is paid, by my customers, and i don't put my paid 360 into maps for Local Guides program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By my opinion, it does not have to be a professional video!

You should show excitement about Local Guides, you need to be trilled about summit, you know "WoW Video"!

But also the reasons for applying are also important...

But I'm not such a person, I'm too serious...because for me Google Maps and Local Guides Program as a part of Maps is very serious matter... I was be Regional Lead at Map Maker and trust me Maps is very serious thing...I was mapping at MM since 2013...

I never had a hidden agenda, not this year not last year and I never will!

And about points:

Map Maker Stats:

Since 2013

35269 total edits, 31939 approved, 11419 reviews

• Road length (km) 2780.0
  • Points of interest 1488
  • Business listings 451
  • Regions (km2) 4477.8
  • Feature edits 17942

I made video tutorials on local languages for using MM tool, also those videos can be found on youtube but we (team) was share that on other platforms at the beginning..

And + other things... Research, communication...etc. 😄

Local Guides info + Photosphere:

Since October 2015 - Present (but I was writing reviews and add photos before I was join to Local Guides etc)

Owner of Community Bosnia and Herzegovina Local Guides and manager of few more in B&H and Serbia (Which I maintain completely):

PointsPoints

PhotosPhotos

Photosphere StatsPhotosphere Stats

PhotospherePhotosphere

And you need to know that many people in my countries still don't know about Maps and nothing about Photospheres.

Also I live in very small town (7000 - 8000 peoples) and whole municipality have something around 12 000 mostly old people.

Then feel free to see some of videos that I share about Local Guides on my youtube channel (including my applications last year and this year):

Some try 😄

Video applications / this year:

Video applications / last year:

And there is more but this is enough 😄

I don't know...

I have some other goals and I did not expect to be invited, not this year...

On videos you can see all about my goals 😄

So points 😄

I am not invited, not because of video but because my reasons​...and because i am not excited 😂

Who can be excited in my skin 😉

That's my opinions about this topic.

Level 10

@WaweruM@Paresh_Ratan@LucioV@iLoveGoogl Look at my Summit17 Application Video. Nothing like quality, done in a forest but yet I was selected. If i could remember vividly we were ask when filling the application, that tell us why you want to attend the summit in a 1 minute video, very simple, I told them reason I want to attend. 

@Pareesh_Ratan wrote:

100% right.

That is the point why I'm not applied. Because I'm leaving on village area. Here no chance to making "Professional Video".

If I'm submitted my simple video, then sure guaranty end of the result = 0

@Paresh_Ratan You said that, please go and look at my Summit17 Application Video and come back reply to me, you missed a chance because u dont believe in your self. And for reference purpose see what @AnoukV posted about the selection process.

What is your selection criteria?

Applications will be open only to Local Guides Level 5 during the application period.

Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:

The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying
  • Each Local Guide must submit a post on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into his or her experience with the program

We’ll also be looking for:

• High quality, well-rounded and consistent contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months
  • Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a supported community moderator, Connect moderator, meet-up host and active Connect contributor
  • The ability to understand and speak English

Please understand these words carefully its very important you do "Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to". It has already being outlined there. Selection process is not by having the best video or anything. Its what I have highlighted upfront.

Best Regards,

Samson

Level 8

@WaweruM to prevent future abusive spamming....if they were someone who didn't get selected I would suggest the same thing. Just because they are chosen it doesn't make them immune to the same rules you and I and everyone else, chosen or not, level 1 to 5, still have to follow.