mattpersons's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" multiple times despite photos and website

A local ice cream chain opened a location near Wrigley Field in March 2018. I have tried to add the place multiple times and submitted five photos of it, including the sign and address and hours, at the time of creation. I have also submitted the website for the location, listing the address, phone number, and hours at the time of creation. I have tried multiple categories from Ice Cream Shop to Restaurant. This is a high traffic area and a real shame that Google refuses to acknowledge the existence of this place, as the next closest location is far away.

Please do not point me to https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... as this is a useless post for my contributions (which are obviously not being reviewed by a human at all).

Also, it is not my business so please do not suggest adding it via "My Business."

3567 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL, USA
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" multiple times despite photos and website

Hi @mattpersons that does happen to everyone. It is possible that the business (or a marketing agent) has added the business via Google My Business and that is still pending. I've found additions from Local Guides tend to get rejected until the verification process is completed by the business.

You mention it is part of a chain, is there another of the same chain nearby? Maps might be rejecting it as a duplicate.

You can send feedback about a data problem via the App and explain the business and what is happening then the team will take a look.

Regards Paul

Level 5

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" multiple times despite photos and website

The other locations were not populated as duplicates when I submitted, and are a good distance away (although in Chicago). The place I attempted to add has been open since March 28, 2018 in one of the busiest neighborhoods in Chicago so it's a true disservice that Google Maps refuses to accept it.

Are there any plans to include some kind info when Google's algorithm immediately denies a new place? In your hypothetical, a "This place has already been added via My Business," or "This is a duplicate," could make the Not Applied a lot less frustrating. More importantly, it would be even better if Google allowed contributors to request human review if their additions have been denied by the algorithm. This could be limited to contributors over a certain level to avoid spam.

Level 8

Hola @mattpersons

It is possible that this territory or place is in political dispute or similar political issues, in those cases, Google does not accept uploading publications. It may happen that that place has been reported to Google closed by an avalanche or similar situations. Although there are already places uploaded in that territory, it does not imply that new situations prevent Google from accepting the addition of new places. We must investigate what happens in that territory. I could help you if you send the map link.
regards

LuaPL