TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photography Post, Get for more viewers for your Photos - TravellerG

Dear All,

As you know, I have been here for some time, and in this post, I am trying to share, the humble experience, I have gained in Photography-Posts.

We invest our energy for other LGs to see our ‘Photos’ and appreciate, comment, etc.? Is it not? Then, let us try to do little more systematically.

Most important: As a member of a responsible community, let us share the creations of our own origin.

Photo taken in Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. A night shot of a "Marriage Recpetion Hall", from Kerala. This hand held shot describes a 'Leading Line' photograph. (1980 x 1080 Pixel, 1.6 MB Storage).

Additional Details, which will add value to a Photography-Post:

Just imagine, you want to post few photos as a 'Responsible LG', which ‘you’ want to be ‘seen by many LGs’, what will you need?

• An impressive theme for the photos, which will enable you to give an appealing Tittle (‘Subject’ in LG Connect Post – remember that this ‘subject’ is ‘searchable’), first.
  • Important: Our Posts should be connected with our 'Activity' as a Local Guide and be 'Helpful' to our LG community and Google Map's community - the Theme should contain this fact! (How is this post important to / connected with LG / Google Map Community ?)
  • Then select ‘Appealing Photos’, which are expressive (to make, the theme clear)
  • Good frames with correct Focus, etc.. (Let us not publish, under-rated pictures, which will affect your image, negatively – The viewers will just glance and move on – they won’t ask for more! Or won’t remember you).

Then what next? Well, for me… I will say…

• Include a decent, but brief narration – sure, this narration should be so tempting for other LGs to refer, further – to see the photos with enthusiasm; this will increase your weightage.  (whether it is your favourite place?, Have you visited?, what is interesting there? Other interesting places nearby?, food/ snack available? + other details, that readers may enjoy. 
  • A statement / sentance, 'How these photos are connected to our LG & Google Map community' (In fact, I admit that this aspect was not expressive in my posts & @HiroyukiTakisawa has suggested it; I shall, religiously follow the same).
  • Proper, numbering of photos, so that viewers (especially Mobile viewers), can count & see them.
  • As a LG Connect member, I keep tracking others, in the community and keep finding IDs of like-minded LGs, who publish posts of my interest – I "Tag" them, whenever it is possible – for guidelines on “Tagging”, please read this post, with care, Here. Strictly, avoid tagging Moderators - they will attend you, for sure).

A photography-post will be more interesting to LGs, and will be appreciated by LGs, if we can include all or some of the following details, as well:

• Location of the photo
  • A brief about the Photograph & its 'Theme'
  • What was your feeling, while shooting?
  • Why you selected the particular frame to shoot & to post?
  • Camera used to shoot.
  • Accessories, if used.
  • EXIF Data, if available.
  • Speciality of the shot, if any (leading line, macro Photography, etc.)
  • Pixel size & Image size [MB](Of course, not needed, if EXIF is given)

Ultimately,

• How can you make the viewers / readers more enjoyable, asking for more from you?

My suggestions, out of my experience:

• Except, when it is necessary, I try to post 1980 x 1080 pixel photos of less than 2 MB size, so that mobile users can easily download, view and appreciate.
  • As a pro, I examine each of my photos for its value, during selection, for posting.
  • I add frames to photos; so that, the viewers will have feeling that we crafted the photos for them.
  • I post only photos taken by me (my team); hence keep logo, wherever possible – but, I make sure, that the logo does not disturb the viewers at all.

Expert comments from @PaulPavlinovich @LucioV@OSAMA@davidhyno  @NandKK  @BeatrizAguilar @Saravanakanth @SalmaanN @Nick-ATH (when you are free), are needed to conclude the post, finally.

Special thanks for the contributors, to this post:

HiroyukiTakisawa

PaulPavlinovich

Thanks, friends

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photography Post, Get for more viewers for your Photos - TravellerG

Hi @TravellerG,

Thanks for sharing and for providing so many handy information.

The part when it is mentioned that narration - I am glad that you have mentioned it. For me the story takes up 60% of a good post, follow up you have got the idea really well implemented in this post. : ] 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @TravellerG for your user friendly explanations.

I am not an article expert but the way you provide help seems to be easy enough for someone to understand and make a good post.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing this nice post @TravellerG

This is a good tip for posting:-)

When I post an article to the LG Connect, I'm paying attention to the relationship between own article and our activity, Local Guides. I think that if the article is not only beautiful but helpful/impressive for Local Guides, the article will be better for every local guides.

Level 10

Very constructive and Exremely important point, thanks for valuable suggestion & it will be implemented, straightaway. In case if you remember any more points, humbly request you to post the same here,

Thank you very, very much (once again)

Regs

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

@TravellerG

Thanks a lot TG'

Well written. It's very informative as your previous  #HowtoCreateaPostinConnect .

Matter of fact, there are few who wanted to get noticed, and few does it for a purpose- as a responsible LG.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 10

Thanks dear @TravellerG  for taking time to teach how to take a good photography. 

Level 10

Thanks dear @JohnPeter, Kindly take look of the post to give inputs, to make it more useful for the new comers.

Regs

Level 10

Dear friends, @JanVanHaver, @NareshDarji @helga19 @NirmalTeja @Mdhamidmurtuza your valuable comments can be very useful, to conclude the post, thanks.

Thanks

Connect Moderator

"Strictly, avoid tagging Moderators" yet you tag me again @TravellerG

Your thoughts around sharing the photo are good.

I would suggest from my perspective the best posts have a story lead in, the image(s) properly captioned and a concluding part of the story. If you have several images, each can have its own story. Only include related images. Unrelated images would be better shared in their own post. I don't worry too much about the technical details, only a small segment of our community are interested in those.

I highly agree with the idea that the photos should relate to an aspect of Local Guides or Maps. Ideas would include favourite places you've visited, interesting places, nice foods that you think others would also enjoy and perhaps behind the scenes of yourself undertaking Local Guides activities like making Street View or reviewing a place. You might need a friend to help with these shots.

The single most important thing I would add is to only ever share your own photos. I would rather see a Local Guide's best effort (even if in experienced eyes its a poor photo) than the most wonderful image that someone else created. A Local Guide's own photos describe their personal experience and are much more valuable than an image pinched from a website.

Regards Paul