SuzanneN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Patagonia, Chile

thank you so much @FaridMonti  @Avraham_Jurado  @Jesi @CeciliaRatto @PaulPavlinovich for your help. 

patagonia was amazing, so beautiful, so big, so remote. life was so disconnected in some of those villages, particularly the ones tourists don't pay attention to. we are used to traveling in asia, where "remote" is typically less than an hour from a big superstore or at least a 7-eleven. in patagonia you could drive for hours sometimes without seeing even another car. obviously no street view in many places, either! ? so, i was glad to get to put a few things on the map for the first time, and add a little to street view as well. 

travel took a long time, and i am used to long flights! 30 hours from bangkok to santiago (?) then another 2.5 hour flight, and a 9 hour ferry boat, and a 3 hour drive, and that wasn't even that far south! getting there really was half the fun, tho, and there were so many kind, friendly and interesting people along the way to pass the time. 

@Avraham_Juradoi didn't make it to Ushuaia, not yet, but we are considering a trip in the spring with the children and we would start there. i can't wait. ? 

IMG_20191210_083142-COLLAGE.jpg

IMG_20191209_184054-COLLAGE.jpg

Chaitén, Chile
11 comments
Level 8

Re: Patagonia, Chile

Lugar lindo. Obrigado por compartilhar. 

Level 10

Que hermosas fotos amiga @SuzanneN  😀

Wow! Si que has viajado mucho hehe pero me alegro mucho de que hayas disfrutado la Patagonia Argentina 😊

A mi me gusta manejar en la ruta y en la patagonia las distancias son largas y el paisaje es muy hermoso 🙂

Espero que puedas conocer pronto Ushuaia, seguro tus niños lo disfrutaran mucho 😎

Level 9

@Avraham_Jurado i am crossing my fingers to get there this year. i want my children to see the glaciers before it's too late. 😟

Level 9

Nice write up @SuzanneN 

Beautiful landscape and pictures. 

I want to ask one silly question @SuzanneN .

What is the meaning of your username Suzanne, it sounds like an Igbo Language name?.😂🤣

Level 9

@Austinelewex it's my first name and last initial.

Connect Moderator

Hi @SuzanneN!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Chile and I hope this year you could come to south america again! As you said... in this latitudes distances are very very long... haha... 

I hope this year you can come to Argentina to visit our part of the Patagonia as it is as beautiful as the one in Chile and perhaps you can come to Buenos Aires to visit us! 🙂

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina | Argentina Local Guides | My Google Maps
- New in Connect? Start Here!
- How to be more green? Click Here!
- Best Places to visit in Bs As: Click here!
- Social Media: Instagram | Twitter

Connect Moderator

What a great way to make your mark on the map @SuzanneN 

Level 8

Level 9

@Cecilita I am dying to go to Buenos Aires! Anyway there is just so much to discover and explore on your continent. 🙂