Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Pakistan Local Guides Group

Finally got an email of not selected this time. Best of luck to those representing Pak LG's this time. 

Make us proud. I'd appreciate people from Lahore team up with me..  So that we can have a more strong local bonding and similarly we should have local meetups people from around Pakistan.

I am not at all demotivated..  I have learned a lot throughout this process.. Learned about such a nice family. .

I wasn't aware of these communities and never contributed here. .

Selection for this event was never a driving force to contribute... It was a pat at the back though. .  

Lets do it.. . Represent Pakistan's beautiful places with headshigh no matter we make it or break it to events..  😊

Peace and Love
Level 9

@Ehtisham great brother 🙂

We need motivated members like you all around Pakistan.

Best Regards

Connect Moderator

@Ehtisham

That's the attitude brother. 

I am sorry to hear that you could not make it this year but keep contributing and don't give up. I am sure you will make it next year. 

We will try our best to represent Pakistan Local Guides Community this year and will keep everyone posted 🙂

Level 6

any one who got selected ?

Level 7

Received a "regret" email, but it's ok 🙂 we can try our luck next time and in the meantime, we can continue our efforts.

Level 7

We can better prepare and present our case for future events.

Level 7

I think no one from Pakistan has been selected because they just needed 150 guides around the world.

Pakistan might not be considered because Pakistan is not as famous among tourists as so many other countries are. 

Currently Pakistan ranked 124 out of 136 countries, covered in the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index 2017 released by the World Economic Forum.

On the contrary the British Backpacker Society ranked Pakistan as the world's top adventure travel destination, describing the country as "one of the friendliest countries on earth, with mountain scenery that is beyond anyone’s wildest imagination.

And no doubt as local guides we are putting our utmost efforts but actually it's the Pakistan Government who needs to do a lot to promote the Pakistan tourism internationally, as there is immense tourism potential in every aspect cultural, historical and adventure the Government should consider it seriously. 

Connect Moderator

@NaseemHanfi

Can I just update you here. Actually Google selected 3 Local guides this year So I believe that is quite fair. The selections are made solely on one's contribution in my opinion and in my opinion Google Team is not based whatsoever. I could not make it last year but still back then I knew that Google picked the best of us. 

Last year @HashimN was at Summit'17 and in all honesty I believe that his contributions and profile is way better than mine. 

We will keep you posted regarding our journey and updates, don't lose hope and keep contributing 🙂

cheers

Level 8

Hi All,

I couldn't make it to this year. May be next year 🙂

Do we know if someone from Pakistan is selected this year? @OmerAli, you said 3 are selected, do we know their names to wish them best of luck for their visit?

Keep sharing!

Connect Moderator

its 

@OmerAli

@AIMAN_SAEED

The third local guide is a wonderful guy from Karachi Pakistan but currently don't want to share his details

🙂