EdwinOfNorthumbria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

No POI? Shame on you Google!!

In most instances when GM throws a wobbler when one attempts to add a POI itʼs simply annoying (sometimes very annoying). What I now describe, however, is utterly shameful. I was wishing to add a rather arresting and witty piece of outdoor artwork I came across. Twice, this was rejected by the not very intelligent automated system, although I was at the place (with GPS turned on) when this occurred and uploaded a photo of it. This may because, despite the fact it can quite clearly be seen from behind on Street View, it isn't a business and so one canʼt add such things as a telephone number or website address. So why is this shameful? Well, because the artwork was erected in remembrance of someone who passed away but made a significant contribution to the local area during their lifetime. It shouldnʼt be difficult to add this to GM – not unless everything boils down to dollars and cents, that is.

West Kirby, UK
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: No POI? Shame on you Google!!

Hi @EdwinOfNorthumbria,

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for trying to improve Google Maps in your area!

There are certain items on Google Maps that you cannot edit as Local guide and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/township. Only Google can edit these.

The thing you can do is to send feedback and suggest what changes can be made on Google Maps.

Please follow these steps on Desktop: Click the Google Maps App menu ☰ > Click Send feedback > Your opinions about Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: No POI? Shame on you Google!!

Hi @EdwinOfNorthumbria,

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for trying to improve Google Maps in your area!

There are certain items on Google Maps that you cannot edit as Local guide and these include landmarks, established points-of-interests or even the names of a city/township. Only Google can edit these.

The thing you can do is to send feedback and suggest what changes can be made on Google Maps.

Please follow these steps on Desktop: Click the Google Maps App menu ☰ > Click Send feedback > Your opinions about Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!