albertsonj's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: New Google Maps Traffic tab and danfo routes in Lagos, Nigeria

Traffic Tab for Nigeria with Traffic Level Information, Weather, Bus Stop Busyness & Danfo Fare Levels.

Kudos to The Brains / Team behind this Idea or bringing #Traffic_Tab Innovation to Lagos. I commend @albertsonj @laurenmae @andregoog for your effort so far. This to inform you that this Project is well appreciated because, it would keep on evolving, developing and gets better with time.

1. TRAFFIC LEVEL INFORMATION. Irrespective of the Database that is in existence, rapid verification of #Add_Missing_Place or #Edit_Approval would be vital. In as much as there are Good Factors there should links to enlighten Commuters / Drivers on Traffic Laws due to abuse of Privilege from some Unscrupulous Elements in Opportuned Corridors of Power. In Africa, you won't be surprised that Traffic Signage seen in a moment might be found missing with few minutes. One  would wonder the comparison between  GoogleMap Data & Reality. It would be appreciated if sensitisation could be encouraged by either Google_Country_Office in collaboration with #LagosLocalGuides such that #GeoWalk / #PhotoWalk etc could be done to encourage #Sincere_Reporting of Traffic Signage, Importance of Using This New Features, Ability of Law Enforcement PRO to swing into Action etc.

Kindly factor in the availability of Maritime Venture of #Uber_Nigeria as the Company ventures into Waterways. It would enhance GPS to cover Waterways properly.

2 BUS STOP BUSYNESS. Collaboration of #Lagos_Local_Guides to rapidly swing into Action by sending Mails / Chats etc to Various Metropolitan Drivers Union, Traffic Agents & Law Enforcement Agents to make Road Accessibility & Navigation easy for Commuters.

Safety is vital. #Safety_Level should also be incorporated as well. Apart from Lagos Island & Few Bus Stop Project done by Government, Many Bus Stop is to be avoided if possible from 21:30 Hours of a day till 06:00 Hours of the succeeding day especially if A Commuter is not familiar with such Area.

3. BUS FAIR. Consistent collaboration between Local Guides, Local Moderators, Transport Unions, Law Enforcement PRO to assist in Regulation of Unfare Bus Fairs from Bus Conductors especially when Weather becomes unconducive (Rain Downpour) / Traffic Congestion makes Bus Movement to be limited, it always a means to hike Bus Fair. It also becomes worse when Unit / Tarmac Unit of Transport Unit are given Financial Target by #Mighty_Forces. It Ron's Passengers their Hard earned Cash.

When One is privileged to #Classified_Data, Such could only mind Personal Hustle / look aside.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is amazing !!!

Level 7

Nice one, keep it up.

Level 2

Thật Tuyet Voi Cho những ý tưởng 

Thẻ giao thông Google Maps mới và các tuyến đường danfo ở Lagos, Nigeria

mong rằng trong thời gian tới không chỉ ở Ấn Độ mà sẽ được Lan rộng ra toàn Quốc Gia Trên Toàn Thới Giới trong đó có việt Nam Đất Nước mà tôi đang sinh sống, Nếu có thể Tôi Xin Giơ Tay là người tuyên phong học và hướng dẫn Lại Cho cộng đồng 

Xin Cảm ơn ông đã đưa ra điều chỉnh tuyệt vời 

Former Google Contributor

Xin chào @Quocanvn,

Cám ơn bạn đã chia sẻ!

Để có thể phát triển ý tuởng bạn chia sẻ những kiến thức, hiện tại bạn có thể lập những Buổi gặp mặt với những Hướng dẫn viên địa phương ở gần khu vực của bạn nhé.

Bạn có thể tham khảo thêm tại bài viết với những buớc huớng dẫn, với cả trang chủ trực tiếp để bạn có thể tại nên một buổi gặp mặt nhé. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

What an incredible development by google and I know it will continue getting better. I was blown away when @laurenmae @Mayford and @SanyaOdare presented how they have been co creating with local communities to map out informal transit systems in Nigeria through google maps.This is such great achievement to increase phone map creations to cities that need this feature to make is accessible/easier for people to find directions. Many people will benefit from the accessible information on their phones to know travel time and photos of the bus stops will help guide them making it easy to commute to their destinations. I cannot wait to see and learn more positive impact about the new google maps traffic tab in Najeria and I cannot wait to see this expand and be available in others countries as well.Perhaps South Africa is next?

Level 10

Thank you @LeyleyS for your compliments and kind words! I can't wait to hear you share your co creating story with locals in your communities as well as mapping out informal transit systems in your country through Google Maps. I totally agree with you that South Africa is next. Right @albertsonj @sonnyNg

Level 10

Dear @LeyleyS, thank you so much for the kind words. I take them very heartily. I am most gladdened that you found this task by @laurenmae very impactful and inspiring. Hopefully, SA is next and you get to be the one to do it! 🙂

Isaac
Level 9

Wow! Thank you, dear @albertsonj and your team for such a cool initiative.

I have a question about this, Why Maps doesn't support to show the current speed of the vehicle when you're in bus or car. Are you thinking of anointed to work with this feature? It's too much necessary.

Have a nice Christmas! 

With your warm appreciation,
Sayeed Mahmud Nabil || Ornaments of Accessibility - My Last Recap
Former Google Contributor

Hi @SanyaOdare,

Thanks for sharing with us the positive spirit! : ]

Should there be any further projects, please stay tuned for any updates on that regard.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!