muche's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

NOT Applied / Pending · Place creation

Hi peeps,

So i know there are a number of discussions talking about NOT APPLIED. i understand Google cant trust everyone, and it takes certain levels to be trusted, also the details in the picture and so on, my issue/question is, why is it sometimes (happened to me recently), i created a place, i was at the location, i even took a picture of the name of the location, and when i submitted it, it didn't even display "pending", it immediately displayed "NOT APPLIED" even before the pictures where uploaded.

At the same time, another edit i made, has been pending for weeks, is there a bug in the system? 

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 comments
Level 9

Re: NOT Applied / Pending · Place creation

Hello @muche

Hope you are having a good day 🙂

In my personal case, I have get approval of adding a new place or edits even after several months & trying quite multiple times, that's a norm for edits to take that much longer time, I personally know local guides who gets approval even after trying a year long time. If you wish to know the mechanism behind, please read this post.

Also, you have to keep an eye in your contributions section, if it says 'pending'  you have to just wait patiently & if it says 'not applied' about your edit, you may try adding it another time, by providing much detailed information about the place. Such as website address, phone number, opening hours. 

I know it hurts when you see your edits go to pending or not applied status. But, believe me this is the reason, where your happiness of getting approved edits, will become double 😉 

Hope I manage to answer your question, feel free to ask any further clarifications 🙂

Best Regards

Level 6

Hi @Haseeb,

Hope you are well too, and thank you very much for your detailed reply. 

I shall try again some other time, i did include most of the details, opening hours, numbers, just the website because they dint have one, it was just a local famous bbq spot.

As for the pending edits, i understand, maybe i was used to other edits being accepted quickly, some took just a few days. But i get the logic behind it, i hope in the future Google uses its advanced AI to review the locations based on the editors location and the details in the pictures submitted.

Thank you once again for your explanations. 

Regards

Level 9

Level 7

Keep it up and try again 

Ufufuuu