AlexanderKontoleon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My reviews and photos are not posting publicly

Hello - 

When I post a review & photos for a restaurant or business it no longer always shows up publicly. This problem started with a review & photos that I posted last month (for Yui Edomae Sushi in Las Vegas, NV) https://g.co/kgs/4DMf2jD . Since then my reviews & photos since then (Four Monkeys Indian Bistro in Summit, NJ , https://g.co/kgs/WNzWgTd , and The Great Wazu in Parsippany, NJ) are not posted publicly either.

All of my older reviews & photos in the past posted without an issue so I’m not sure what changed to cause any reviews & photos that I post now to not be visible.

Sometimes my photos cross link to a weird errant Google Streetview picture - you can see for yourself if you click on some of my photos / reviews from the restaurants named above. 

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
AK

8 comments
Level 8

My reviews & photos are not posting publicly

Hello - 

When I post a review & photos for a restaurant or business it no longer always shows up publicly. This problem started with a review & photos that I posted last month (for Yui Edomae Sushi in Las Vegas, NV). Since then my reviews & photos since then (Four Monkeys Indian Bistro in Summit, NJ and The Great Wazu in Parsippany, NJ) are not posted publicly either.

All of my older reviews & photos in the past posted without an issue so I’m not sure what changed to cause any reviews & photos that I post now to not be visible.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! AK
Connect Moderator

Re: My reviews and photos are not posting publicly

Hi @AlexanderKontoleon 

To get help please move your post to the How-to section. 
Just edit your post again, select the new Topic at the top, and save it again. Further instructions on editing your posts can be found here.

How to choose a section/topic for your Connect post might also be interesting for you.

Also, please add Maps to the places and photos in question.

All the best
Morten

Connect Moderator

Re: My reviews & photos are not posting publicly

@AlexanderKontoleon 

Please post only once about an issue. I have merged this to your other post about the same problem.

Morten 

Level 8

Thank you for the help @MortenCopenhagen 

I have moved this to the How-To.

Can you explain more what you mean by "please add Maps to the places and photos"? I'm not sure how to do that.

Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the move and correct tagging, @AlexanderKontoleon 

Kindly consider to always include MAPS links to the places when you post on Connect. This will allow readers to easily learn more on Google Maps should they desire to do so. And we can check your issue. 

See the above link and use the share icon to get the links. This can be done for both places and profiles. And from desktop you can link to individual photos and reviews. This will help me find an example of how you see random street view photos and not your photos.

Cheers
Morten

Level 8

Hi Morton - I have added the links. Please let me know if there's anything else I should do. Thank you for your assistance. Hope this is fixed soon!

Connect Moderator

Hi @AlexanderKontoleon 

I can confirm from your public profile that you have added 232 reviews and only 219 of them are public.

Google has automatic filters that hide your reviews so only you can see them. This can happen when some of your reviews violate the review guidelines.

Read about typical review guideline violations here. And please see my latest post called 4 Tips on writing better reviews

Tre spam filter runs repeatedly so older reviews are also checked and can be taken down as the spam filter is continuously improved.

If you are on a Desktop use this link to Count your hidden contributions. From a mobile device use this link.

If you want to identify which of your reviews are hidden check this post.

Also, keep in mind that the trigger might not be in the review text itself. Try deleting the attached photos and check if your review goes public. If so, try adding the photos back one by one and keep checking. This way you can figure out which photo was the culprit.

Furthermore, the spam filter looks at your overall performance and track record as a local guide. So completely unrelated violations can also cause reviews to be removed from public view.

Your review and photo quality looks very good to me.

Many are a bit long though.

Please use the form called Account Investigation for contributions not visible on Google Maps if you believe that some of your contributions have been wrongfully unpublished. Keep in mind, it takes several weeks for the check to be done, and you will not be notified about the result, so I suggest you check the status of your reviews once a week or so.

Best of luck
Morten

Level 8

I appreciate all your help and guidance here. Thank you!