NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: My first solo road trip. USA. Day 1: Valley of Fire

@NirajBhusal thank you!!!! I'm happy tht you like my post :-))))

@PaulPavlinovich thankssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know I forgot about photo limit on Connect.... Everytime when I'm writing article I want to add more and more pictures. I'm scared that people don't see all beautiful places on Google photos :-))))))))))))))))))))))))

Google Moderator

Wow, @NatalkaR

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Day 1 looks amazing! I loved the photos, I enjoyed reading the details to your story and you helped me visit the Valley of Fire just by seeing your post!

How long will you be travelling, have you decided yet?

PS. I am eager to see what's next - day 2, day 3 and so on. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@DanniS thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've travelled solo in Europe. I've visited many countries. But I've used buses, planes and trains (ok, sometimes hitchhiking). Solo trip in USA is totally different. First of all, I've travelled solo by car - I never did it before. Secondly, I know Europe very well - rules, traditions etc. In each country I feel like I'm home. And I didn't know what to expect in USA. I've been in big cities like NYC, LA or SF. But it's different. And I was really surprised - people are very open and responsive.

I had some trouble with understanding "miles" (in Europe we use kilometres). It was funny when my GPS told me: "Turn right in 2 miles", and I didn't understand where exactly. I like to travel solo because you can do wathever you want. Many people ask me everytime: "How can you travel alone? It's boring. It's scary. It's dangerous for girl...". Really? :-)))

What about your experience? Where have you travelled solo? 

Level 10

@MoniDi thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I've finished my trip... Now I'm home in Kyiv and I'm writing about my vacation. I spent amazing 4 days in my solo road trip. I'll write soon about everything... It was small but very eventful travel.
And, of course, I''ll write about NYC where I've been after my road trip ;-)))

Former Google Contributor

Just like you @NatalkaR I've also traveled solo only in Europe, but I think it's safe to travel these days with all the information on the internet and Google Maps :). You're very brave to have gone alone so far. I think it gives you the chance to be more open as well and meet new interesting people everywhere. I'm also confused with miles 🙂 and luckily it's not that serious. Which city was your favorite? I haven't been to the States yet and now I want to go even more.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

رد: My first solo road trip. USA. Day 1: Valley of Fire

VERY beautiful day and the mountain 

Level 10

@DanniS I'm in love with NYC. I can't explain this feelings - it's something deep in my soul and in my heart :-))) I love so much San Francisco. This city is very big but in the same time very cosy and cute. I like so much small American towns with small houses. One day I'll travel across all USA - it's my big dream. 

Former Google Contributor

@NatalkaR Oh yes New York! I believe you 🙂 It's a dream to get to NY especially when you've seen it in movies everywhere. Can't wait to see more traveling photos from you! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

@NatalkaR beautiful photos, and I love your writing style! I can't wait for day 2 ☺️

Thank you for sharing!

Level 9

Rif.: My first solo road trip. USA. Day 1: Valley of Fire

Hi @NatalkaR wonderful idea yours! I lived in North Carolina, Ohio, Texas and saw many USA town (included LVegas) but never know this fantastic place. Thanks you so much to share with us your marvellous pics and have a good trip! Can’t wait your next report on day2-3 and and and