MiaMaria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My adventures in Western Australia Part 2 ☀️

Welcome back to part 2 of my adventures in Western Australia! 🤗

The best things I did the last days of my stay were swimming with sealions and skydiving (+ visiting Rottnest Island). 

Regarding the sealions I had a wonderful time swimming with them. Once the boat had dropped anchor they started swimming around the boat and jumped out of the water like dolphins as if they were saying "come on in humans and play with us". We did so very quickly and had an amazing experience. The sealions came very close to us and were very playful and cute. Have a look 🙂

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-02 um 05.23.06.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-08-02 um 05.22.54.png

The second awesome experience I did was skydiving. I had never skydived before and was a little bit nervous. I mean no fast beating heart or anything like this, it was just thoughts like "what if something goes wrong" etc. 

On the day of the jump we had to get up early to catch our ferry to Rottnest Island. Anyone knows this island or has ever heard about it? Rottnest Island is kind of famous for its quokkas. A couple of years ago a guy made a selfie with them that went viral and since then people are crazy about the island that's a 30 minutes ferry ride from Perth. 

But back to skydiving first. We went to the skydiving company and were instructed. Our instructors were very nice and experienced and very quickly we found ourselves about to go up to 15,000 feet. 

e1014e92-6d1c-4106-9c29-11cabd0c50b5.JPG

When in the plane I was thinking "why do something crazy like this, are you completely mad"? haha 

The view from up there was amazing, it was a sunny day with almost no clouds.

And then we jumped, 60 seconds free fall followed by 5 minutes of paragliding. It was the best thing I've ever done and can't wait to to it again. I was thinking that maybe I'll jump when at Connect Live in San Francisco but I read that its not allowed in the city. You have to do a 2 hours drive to the skydive company. But I'll see! 

And now I present you: QUOKKAS! Mini kangaroos that live on Rottnest Island. They are so cute and definitely not shy! The have no natural predator which is why they are living a relaxed life, hanging out, eating, sleeping and being animal stars because so many tourists want photos with them. We also saw some baby quokkas that were even cuter!

I was glad I was on Rottnest Island in the Australian winter, I can't imagine how busy it must be during summertime.

Look at these cute animals:

74d54723-ffe6-424f-b01e-7251bd753a0f.JPG901c1773-5110-45b8-a819-260397168785.JPGd31b8e60-3a94-4f94-a2ab-cbd58109f642.JPGf7af2bf6-36d5-460c-b069-fbbe75555d5d.JPG

That's all! I had such an amazing vacation! Next Monday I'll start my 8 week long internship before I'm back at uni. I'm so looking forward to Connect Live 😍 Hope to see some of you there!

Best,

Maria 

@OSAMA @DavidTito @Osaka78 @KlaudiyaG @Jesi @Michaelthebuzz 

@NadyaPN @PaulPavlinovich 

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Western Australia, Australien
12 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: My adventures in Western Australia Part 2 ☀️

The sea-lions are so cute! Actually, all of the animals that you have shared are really adorable. 🙂

Skydiving tends to be a lot of fun and of course it requires a huge dose of courage! I've always wanted to go skydiving, but I haven't found the right spot wet. By the way, while reading your post I remembered when I bungee jumped that I had the same thoughs as you in my head, but I'm glad that I overcome it I jumped. It's one memory that I'll cherish my entire life and I'm sure that you'll do the same with yours.

Thank you @MiaMaria for sharing your journey with us!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@KlaudiyaG thanks so much! 

Your bungee jump experience sounds very much like my skydive experience! 🙂 
But just as you, I'm glad I did it 🙂

Have a good day!

My Connect Profile
Connect Moderator

Glad you got to meet some Quokkas. They only exist on Rottnest island.

Regards Paul

Level 9

wow, this is amazing @MiaMaria 🙂

Level 9

wonderful, thank you @MiaMaria for sharing with us.

Level 9

@IlankovanT @AbdullahAM thanks guys 🙂

My Connect Profile
Level 9

We live this Awesome experiences virtually with you @MiaMaria , thank you so much for this enjoyable amaaaaazing travel series 🙂

Thanks again:-)

Keep it up

Keep traveling 

&

Keep Inspire us

Level 9

@OSAMA thanks! I will 🙂

My Connect Profile
Googler

Oh my gosh, this post is so great, @MiaMaria! I am incredibly jealous of all your cute animal encounters!!!  I've also always wanted to skydive and think Australia must be the most perfect place given how gorgeous it is! 

Thanks for sharing. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.