AustinCO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My Local Guide Story

IMG_9375.jpg

My name is Austin Chikwado Ofor, a Local Guide from Lagos, Nigeria.

I became a Local Guide around December, 2016.

Prior to being a Local Guide, I was introduced to the use of Google Maps for navigating by my colleague and I was amazed at how it made me get to places I have not been to, quickly and easily without asking anybody questions or directions. This enabled me to get to multiple clients' place with ease and lots of time to spare.

Then times came when I would search for some businesses on the Map and not get results. That was how I learnt to add missing places on the map, edit the exact location of business listings, write reviews, answer questions and add photos of places, thus unlocking the Local Guides potentials in me.

Since December, 2016 till date I have been an active contributor (presently Level 8, soon to be 9) with 3.1 Million+ Photo views, 2800+ photos/videos and 1000+ reviews.

I enjoy adding exterior photos of places, so as to enable people that have not been there have a picture of what the building looks like, this is to enable easy recognition while driving or walking.

20180325-IMG_1849.jpg

I love to attend/organize meetups and I am an active member of the Lagos Local Guide Community, here in Nigeria.

Thank you.

Nigeria  
Lagos, Nigeria
10 comments
Level 8

Re: My Local Guide Story

Welldone Chikwado, great journey there.

Reading it reminded me of my journey too. .

Wishing you more interesting times and journeys✈️🚒🚌🚊💚

Level 10

Awesome story that takes us down through your local Guides journey. Its good to read from you how it all started. Thanks for sharing with us @AustinCO

Level 6

This is a beautiful account, and it's OK that I'm envious of your views.

Keep guiding, it only gets better, and bigger.

Level 9

Best of luck bro @AustinCO for your application 🙂
I will see you too when I'll visit Samson 😉

Best Regards

Level 7

Nice one my guy!

Great pictursp also....

Keep it up

Connect Moderator

what a journey @AustinCO

keep going sky is your starting point...

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

Look forward to seeing you too.

You are most welcome to Lagos.

Nigeria  
Level 10

Quite an interesting Local Guide Story you've got @AustinCO! Well done.

@AustinCO wrote:

IMG_9375.jpg

My name is Austin Chikwado Ofor, a Local Guide from Lagos, Nigeria.

I became a Local Guide around December, 2016.

Prior to being a Local Guide, I was introduced to the use of Google Maps for navigating by my colleague and I was amazed at how it made me get to places I have not been to, quickly and easily without asking anybody questions or directions. This enabled me to get to multiple clients' place with ease and lots of time to spare.

Then times came when I would search for some businesses on the Map and not get results. That was how I learnt to add missing places on the map, edit the exact location of business listings, write reviews, answer questions and add photos of places, thus unlocking the Local Guides potentials in me.

Since December, 2016 till date I have been an active contributor (presently Level 8, soon to be 9) with 3.1 Million+ Photo views, 2800+ photos/videos and 1000+ reviews.

I enjoy adding exterior photos of places, so as to enable people that have not been there have a picture of what the building looks like, this is to enable easy recognition while driving or walking.

20180325-IMG_1849.jpg

I love to attend/organize meetups and I am an active member of the Lagos Local Guide Community, here in Nigeria.

Thank you.

Level 9

go! go!! go!!!.  Do not look back, lots of good things are ahead of you @AustinCO.

your story is a great one! 

A-Beta