AP2280's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My First meet-up In Kolhapur

PSX_20240422_153226.jpg

 It was an amazing experience when I found out that I was present as a local guide for kolhapur. Tushar sir arranged a meetup for the Kolhapur local guides, and I was excited to be a part of it. On the 21st of April, we gathered at the New Palace, which is one of the oldest palaces in Kolhapur

IMG_5592.jpg

I arrived a bit late, but @Tushar_Suradkar sir, @Aman3754 sir, @Supriyadevkar ma'am, were already there, welcoming me warmly. Even though we were all meeting for the first time, we instantly connected. Tushar sir emphasized the importance of providing valuable information on Google Connect without any promotional intent. He encouraged us to make our posts engaging and informative, ensuring that even foreigners would find them interest

During the meetup, we sat in the beautiful palace garden, chatting and exchanging ideas. Tushar_Suradka sir shared some stickers and other goodies with us, making the experience even more memorable

PSX_20240422_150915 (1).jpg

Speaking of the New Palace, it's truly a gem of Kolhapur's history. Built in the 19th century, it showcases exquisite architecture and rich heritage. Visitors can explore its magnificent halls, adorned with intricate carvings and royal artifacts. The palace also offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape, making it a must-visit destination for tourists and locals alike.

Overall, the meetup was a short but delightful experience for me. I'm grateful to Tushar sir for organizing it and for sharing valuable insights about being a Google local guide.

Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My First meet-up In Kolhapur

Very well-written recap dear Abhinandan @AP2280 👍

It was an amazing experience visiting Kolhapur - for the first time.

Though I have visited once in 1989 and again in 2001 it was confined to Temple Darshan.

I will for always remember the helpful gesture by local guides of Kolhapur for volunteering to arrange local transport 🤝 🤗

Looking forward to attending your next meetup 💐

Level 9

That's pretty fast work posting a recap, @AP2280!! 😀

It was nice to meet you all virtually; next time I will try meeting personally.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 7

Thanks, @ajitthite! It was great meeting you virtually too. Looking forward to the next meetup where we can hopefully meet in person. Until then, let's keep sharing our experiences and insights as local guides. Cheer😊

Level 9

Congrats @AP2280  for your first meet up ,   First  step  towards long , journey  🙏🙏🙏

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 10

@AP2280 Abhinandan, your debut meetup report shines with enthusiasm.मनःपूर्वक अभिनंदन! Your description of the Kolhapur gathering is delightful. You are truly blessed to have @Tushar_Suradkar Dada leading the way. Keep soaking in his guidance - it's the key to your success!🗝 Continue the keen spirit in exploring and sharing, and you'll surely inspire others in the local guides' community. Well done! 🌟👏

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Connect Moderator

Hi @AP2280 

In fact, @ajitthite is hosting a meetup in Pune on 19th May.

You can try joining that 😊

A bit earlier, I am hosting a meetup on 27 April.

You are welcome too 🤝

Connect Moderator

Perfectly said @RaviSharma111 👍

It is a first step towards a "long" journey.

Connect Moderator

Thank for the wonderful compliments and wishes dear @ModNomad 

I too am eager to see Kolhapur local guides moving ahead and build the momentum with more meetups in the coming weeks and months 👍

@AP2280 My best wishes 🤝

Level 7

Thanks for the heads up, @Tushar_Suradkar! I appreciate the invitation to both meetups. I'll definitely try to join @ajitthite sir meetup in Pune on the 19th of May, and if I can make it, I'll be sure to attend your meetup on the 27th of April as well. Looking forward to connecting with everyone again!