MukulR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Monpura Bridge: A beautiful place to visit in Bangladesh.

Monpura Bridge is a temporary local tourist spot in a village of Ghatail Thana, Tangail, Bangladesh. Please see the google map. This is a seasonal tourist spot. This becomes overcrowded twice a year during Eid vacations. Many people come here during this long vacation period. That time it gets a festive look. Thousands of people gather here from the afternoon and stay still late at night.   

How to come here:  To come here first of you need to come to Ghatail or Madhupur town under Tangail District. From there you need to come to Chapri village. If you have a car of your own you can come directly through Ghatail or Madhupur. Otherwise, you can hire a car or CNG auto rickshaw from Ghatail or Madhupur to Chapri. 

Sun set beauty @Monpura BridgeSun set beauty @Monpura Bridge

When you should come here: To see the real beauty of Monpura you need to come here from July to August. This time this area gets filled with water everywhere. You will get a tree-covered road in the middle of water. A gentle breeze will help you to wipe out your tiredness. Road @Monpura bridgeRoad @Monpura bridgeRoad @Monpura bridgeRoad @Monpura bridge

You can see this tree-covered tree at Monpura bridge area. This is a 2km long road having trees both side of it. During rainy season these trees become greener than other time of the year. 

What you will see here: As this is situated inside a remote village and created by nature you can just see the beauty of nature here. Water, trees, birds, fish these are main attractive items only. You can also see the simple life of the villagers- harvesting rice or fishing with nets. During vacation, people come here to see natural beauty and enjoy as their own. Some of them bring musical sound systems with them and make this place a lively one. 

Fishing @Monpura BridgeFishing @Monpura Bridge

During this time villagers arrange some local games to amuse the tourists. Boat race, kite flying and other water sports are common among them. 

Sports event @Monpura bridgeSports event @Monpura bridge

Sports event @Monpura bridgeSports event @Monpura bridge

Visitors enjoying local water sports @Monpura bridge areaVisitors enjoying local water sports @Monpura bridge area

A local kids ride @ monpura bridgeA local kids ride @ monpura bridge

You can also see some villagers selling toys and foods for kids here. Those goods have a high demand to the kids here. They also sell fresh fruits and other food items. 

Selling betel leaf @ Monpura bridgeSelling betel leaf @ Monpura bridge

selling pickles @ monpuraselling pickles @ monpura

Selling cosmetics @ monpuraSelling cosmetics @ monpura

This is known as Papor @ monpuraThis is known as Papor @ monpura

A hunter is waiting for his time @ monpuraA hunter is waiting for his time @ monpura

A fisheries @ Monpura Bridge areA fisheries @ Monpura Bridge are

During summer and winter, Monpura gets fewer visitors. You can see the green rice field around this area. People come here only for a short time. But natures stays ever.  

Natural Beauty @Monpura BridgeNatural Beauty @Monpura Bridge

Monpura during summer, before harvesting of rice.Monpura during summer, before harvesting of rice.

Whenever you come here you can some natural beauties of Bangladesh .No doubt. If you come to Bangladesh during July-Sept. you can give a try to visit this place as the below boat waits for you. 

A boat is waiting for tourists @ monpuraA boat is waiting for tourists @ monpura

Chapri, Bangladesh
11 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Monpura Bridge: A beautiful place to visit in Bangladesh.

Hi @MukulR 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Thank you for sharing these photos with us. It is a very beautiful photos. Is it you first visit there?

What activities can you do around? Why not add more details about it and share your experience while taking it? This way they can be appreciated even more by other Local Guides and can drive more interaction.

Posts with more content and good photos have a good chance of being featured or chosen for a Friday Favorite post. You can check out What makes a good post? for some great tips. 

Since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit more about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself — September 2019 Also, you can read these 14 helpful tips for using Connect, and  What are Connect topics?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@Aruni Thanks. It was my first post in google connect though I am not new as google local guide. I am just cruizing over what and how people share the photos and experience here. Hope within a short time I will be able to fulfill the demand of the community through my activities. Thanks a lot for your great tips and the links you shared. Hope I will get you beside me whenever needed. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MukulR 

You're welcome. Sharing more information about what you upload will help others to understand why you are sharing and why they should read your posts.

If you ever have questions or just want to learn more about the Local Guides program, you can visit the Help Desk and How do I search on Connect? to find what others have already shared.

Have a nice day, I am waiting to see your new post telling us about your experience here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@MukulR I love this post. You show us the real beauty of nature there. The photo of sunset at the Monpura bridge is amazing. What camera did you use? I also like the detailed and informative content. 🙂 Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Level 8

@Aruni I forgot to mention about you. Did you guide @MukulR to add more information? I guess so. Thank you for always guiding us and  continued supporting us. So we come up with a nice post.

Level 9

@Ant_Bad_Yogi Thanks. It is my pleasure that you liked this post. I used my old Iphone4 for the first photo of this post. For other photos I used my Huawei phone for which I am not satisfied at all. 

Level 9

@Ant_Bad_Yogi  Ha ha ha you are a genius! Yes, @Aruni helped me by advising and sharing links on how to make nice post. I will be grateful to her. 

Level 8

@MukulR Thank you for your reply. I see. I also use smart phone to take photos. I think the important points of writing a post are:

1. Cover photo - pick a nice one

2. Title - think of one that will reflect your story

3. Content - make sure you include introduction, your story and summary

For other of your photos, I think they are good enough for us to get an idea what the place looks like. The thing is that I like your detailed and informative content, that's why I like this post.

I think you got what it takes. In addition, you also interact with your readers by exchanging the comments. To me, this is a way to win your readers. 🙂 You can see it in the way @Aruni interacts with you in this post.

One more thing, quality is more important than quantity.

Hope this helps.

Level 9

@Ant_Bad_Yogi Thanks for your nice suggestion. I will follow them accordingly.