andymiller's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Melbourne meet-up

How do I create/host a meet up in Melbourne? I can't seem to work out how to do this...

I'm thinking a photo walk but open to all suggestions

Andy Miller | Imaginarium
Melbourne VIC, Australia
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Melbourne meet-up

Hello @andymiller 

And Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

That's really a brilliant idea to connect local guides by meet-ups.

You can check this Meet-up site for searching meet-ups in Melbourne.

As most of us focusing on Virtual meet-ups, you can see many Meet-ups in which you can participate virtually or online.

And if you want to host a Virtual meet-up, this article Tips for hosting virtual meet-ups Will be great for planning a virtual meetup.

And for Photo Walk or outdoor meet-ups, you can get some great tips by this feature How to organize a successful meet-up.

Moreover, I m sharing here a recap link of Recent Photo Walk by Connect Moderator @PaulPavlinovich, may be this post will be also helpful for you.

First Melbourne Local Guides Meet-up Since Lockdown - Royal Botanic Gardens  

Wishing you best of Luck 🤞

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Good to meet another Melbourne Local Guide @andymiller 

Good on you for starting to organise a meetup, you start by making a meetup entry here https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup so that important details like location, time and date and a description of your proposed Meetup are known to everyone who might like to come along.

Have a read of How to Organise a Local Guides Meetup and HowTo: Leading a Photo/Food/Geo Walk

I hope your Meetup goes well. If it fits my schedule I'll come along :).

We've got a Telegram group for Melbourne Local Guides if you're interested.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator