rohitwadke's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Meaningful Contribution

Hello All,

Recently i was contributing to The Lal Mahal (Red Palace) of Pune, which is one of the most famous monuments located in Pune, India. While uploading i came across some horrifying images.

[Redacted]

Shocking truth is that Some of the images are posted by Level 8+ LGs.

1. For uploading group pictures,
2. For Showcasing image editing talent,
there are various other social networking sites. Please upload on them, Google Maps is not the right place to upload such images.

It's not about level or points, if you are going to contribute then contribute meaningful or else just skip it. Lets make a good and healthy community, i request my fellow LGs/Googlers please report such images which are irrelevant and could misinterpret the place.

Please share your thoughts if you think this idea is correct.
Kindly share the post to all the Local Guides and Googlers.
Happy Mapping.
Pune, Maharashtra, India
5 comments
Level 8

Re: Meaningful Contribution

That saddens me @rohitwadke and it’s disturbing to see!  I will continue to report erroneous uploaded Google photos every chance I get - it’s up to us. 👍🏼

Local Guide Level 8 I @KathyCo77505648
Connect Moderator

por favor elimina las fotos que publicaste en el post @rohitwadke , todo esto se denuncia por la misma app de Google  Maps, denunciando al usuario en cuestión o en forma Mensage privado a un Google Moderador, gracias. aquí puedes leer Como reportar fotos

Saludos Farid

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper left part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @rohitwadke

I would like to inform you that I've edited your post a bit. Please don't share the Google Maps profile URL of others. I've removed the photos due to privacy concerns.

I will send you an private message with instruction about how you can report the Local Guides mentioned. 

Lastly, I also wanted to let you know that I've moved this post to How-tos where it fits better. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10
Level 10

@rohitwadke

As already pointed out by others, you can always report any objectionable content, including photos.

No doubt, the process will be tedious. Nevertheless, that will give the satisfaction of some meaningful contribution.

At the same time, let there be a suggestion in the LG-connect idea exchange to block posting of group photos or selfies programmatically.