berndkorz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Maybe a BUG? Cannot remove a place I never visited

@berndkorz I gave up trying to remove them. So, no, it's not just you 😉

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @berndkorz,

Thanks for sharing your question on Connect!

Please follow these steps to change your settings about receiving notifications of reviewing places (Rate& Review places): tap the Menu > Settings > Notifications. You can click on the options to change your preferences of what you would like to receive and what not.

IMG_5449.PNG

IMG_5448.PNG

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Re: Problems with Dismiss and Have not been there.

Hi @KKrofft,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Connect!

Please follow these steps to change your settings about receiving notifications for reviewing unknown places (Rate& Review places): tap the Menu > Settings > Notifications. You can click on the options to change your preferences of what you would like to receive and what not. Please let me know if this helps.

Please also note that I am going to merge your post to the Maybe a BUG? Cannot remove a place I never visited, since they represent same topic.

IMG_5448.PNG

IMG_5449.PNG

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Re: "I haven't been here" not working

Hello @P0ffee@Chalky9@JonYoung@Murdock_Bassi, @Anonymous, @dave0smeg,

We are currently looking into this issue and I would like to kindly ask you to provide some additional information for the engineering team. Please provide the following:

- What type of device you were using while encountering the issue? If it was a phone, please confirm the OS.

- What is the version of Google Maps app you are using?

- Have you tried if the same issue appears when you are using your PC and what type of PC?

- What is your browser on PC and on your phone that you are currently using?

Please also attach screenshots to showcase what exactly you can see.

Thanks in advance!

Level 8

Hi,

I am using Google Maps version 10.15.1 on my phone, tablet and Chromebook, and have encountered the same issue on all three. I use Google Chrome as the browser on all my devices. I do not own a PC.

Chalky

Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 09.32.08.png

Re: When I am walking, and I am near a place or commerce, It marks it as I have been there

Hey @Joseph888,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can manage your app settings to not receive notifications for reviewing places. 

Please note that I am going to merge your post to the Maybe a BUG? Cannot remove a place I never visited, since they represent same topic. There you may find detailed instructions about how to set the notifications.

Level 8

I've been having the same problem for months if not for years. It happens to me in any (Chrome or Firefox) browser when using my PC as well as when using Google Maps app in my phone.

I remember it happened to me when I was using my old Nexus 5 like 2  years ago, but at some point it stopped (or I just stopped noticing). The last 5 to 6 months using an S7 have been horrible; from constant reminders to review places that I dismiss or mark as not having been there on a daily basis, to having to review the same place 2 or even 3 times because for some reason my reviews just disappear.

I have no clue about what's happening.

Hi @Felip@Chalky9,

You can manage your Google Maps app settings to switch off the notifications for reviewing places (Rate & Review places). We had similar case in this topic Maybe a BUG? Cannot remove a place I never visited.

Please change the notifications and if you can still see suggestions to review places that you haven't been or can't dismiss, please let us know.

IMG_5448.PNG

Level 9

Hello @KatyaL ,

thx for your suggestion but this does not solve my issue in the suggestions in maps:

8f921c00-03de-4b9a-9455-499e3fc56436.jpg

See "Laagsbach".

1 I was never there

2. I deleted that place now about 50 or more times and

3. It is back after about 10 min 😞

Ghost places like this I have about 50 times or more in my timeline.

Hey @berndkorz ,

Can you please specify what is the device you are using? What model, OS version and Google Maps version will be helpful.

Thanks!

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators