gowthamselvam's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Mandi 😋 @ Yum Yum Tree Arabian Food Court, Hyderabad, India

Dear LGs, 

This is about my first experience of eating Mandi in Hyderabad, India. 

Location         : Yum Yum Tree Arabian Food Court, Madhapur , Hi-Tech city road, Hyderabad, TS, India 

Time               : 12 pm to 6 pm and 7.30 pm to 12.30 am 

Things to eat :  Shawarmas, Sandwich Rolls,Burgers,Starters,Kebabs, Mandi,Desserts & Beverages 

Transport       : Metro (Durgam cheruvu Metro station is the nearest one), Metro Bus & Autos 

Prize range    500-1500 INR (excluding tax)

Myself and my friends reached the restaurant and reserved an spot for us. There were seats made of cots with different coloured cushions and tables with chairs were also available. We wanted experience mandi in a traditional way, so we preferred cots with cushion. As myself and my friends are non-vegetarian we preferred non-veg mandi. Myself in the center holding both hands in the mandi plate with my friendsMyself in the center holding both hands in the mandi plate with my friendsWhat is Mandi ? 

Mandi is a traditional dish originated from Hadhramaut, Yemen, consisting mainly of meat and rice with a special blend of spices. It is cooked in a pit underground. It's extremely popular and prevalent in most areas of the Arabian Peninsula, and even considered a staple dish in many regions. ( Source : wikipedia) 

We ordered Hand piece mutton mandi ( Chicken and veg mandi is also available here) . After 20 mins , we got our delicious mandi plate in our table. Upon seeing the mandi plate, our faces brightened !! None of the person never talked for the next 15 to 25mins. We were keen in eating the delicious mutton mandi. It was very very delicious and tasty. A selfie us after completing the mutton mandi  at  Yum yum tree arabian food courtA selfie us after completing the mutton mandi at Yum yum tree arabian food court

LGs never miss the opportunity to taste the delicious mandi in hyderabad. Mainly Hyderabad is famous for its Briyani, but try for mandi once. Definitely you will love the taste and aroma of mandi , especially when you have it with friends/families. A photo of yum yum tree arabian food courtA photo of yum yum tree arabian food courtNote : One mandi is sufficient for 4 members. 

Inspired by your post @Sathiyaph ?

Please share your views and comment on post ?

@TravellerG @JohnPeter @Saravanakanth @Sathiyaph @RtnArulPrakasamT  @VickyKrish @Jose_G_Benjamin 

Gowtham Selvam
you are educated by travelling - Solange Knowles
Yum Yum Tree Arabian Food Court, Sri Sai Nagar, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
20 comments
Level 6

Re: Mandi 😋 @ Yum Yum Tree Arabian Food Court, Hyderabad, India

Mandi first time i heard, Its nice to see. your photos and narration is excellent. photos are not high quality.

thank you  and encouraging you much.

Level 9

Hi dear @gowthamselvam ,  the way of presentation is very nice 

Timing 

Transport 

Menu

Price  Range 

Keep above order in future and picture very nice try to improve better quality 

Connect Moderator

This is a wonderful post @gowthamselvam thanks for sharing. I wish everyone on Connect wrote this way and included photos. Mandi sounds delicious and is a great way to share with some friends. Thanks for telling us about it.

Paul

Level 9

Thanks for letting us know about Hyderabad Mandi @gowthamselvam. it is my favorite food and I use it have it regularly in a Yemani restaurant while Iiving for 9 years in Salalah, Oman. They use to serve fried fish with onions and those things are still fresh in my memory. I will try this next time when I visit Hyderabad.

SARAVANAKANTH
??
Join with us in the Tamilnadu Local Guides WhatsApp group
Level 8

Thanks @gowthamselvam for tagging me, it's a wonderful post about Mandi, it's new to me about this Arabian food. I like the way you are traveling and trying different varieties of food. Please do share us more about your experience with different restaurants in hyderabad and their traditional food and sweets. 

Level 8

Wow @gowthamselvam thanks for tagging me in this post. The word Mandi itself sounds delicious never heard of it before, but I would like to try it. Your post was in a very structured way and mentioned every minute details that's great 🙂

Level 8

Good Morning and Greetings from the Bangladesh Local Guides!

Thank you for the detailed post @gowthamselvam . 

Thank you again. 

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Level 8

Hi @aacharya ,

Thank you so much for your valuable comment. 

As mine is little old phone with less camera features, the quality is not good. 

Dont miss mandi if you where at Hyderabad

Gowtham Selvam
Level 8

Hi @RtnArulPrakasamT ,

Thank you so much for your valuable comment. Definitely i will follow the same order in future. 

As my mobile is little old with less camera features, the quality is not good. 

Gowtham Selvam