JillE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Making Google’s travel itineraries more wheelchair accessible

Hello @JillE I am always trying to update the information's of accessible walk way when i visit any place or in check the facts updating. Here you may see the accessible walk way of Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Updating info of AccessibilityUpdating info of Accessibility

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @JillE Thank you for your posting the helpful article. I've shared this thread in the Japanese board, adding my thoughts and experiences.

Googleの旅行ガイドを改善する[Wheelchair Accessibility]

Of course, all written in Japanese. but your comment always will be appreciated. 

Regards,

Toyo

Level 10

Nice post @JillE Thanks for sharing.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 10

Thanks @JillE, Accessibility awareness in my country is still low among businesses and I would like to see it improve and help in any way I can. I will take the survey. 

Level 8

Good idea. Great

Level 9

@JillE this is a great announcement. In large cities this helps with flat finding, general professional and personal meet-up preparation. 

Level 9
Level 9

good Shoot

@OSAMA wrote:

of course i will take the survey @JillE 🙂

Helping in Accessablity is part of my passions nowScreenshot_20180517-172632.jpg

Level 10

@JillE In fact I had to consciously took up in a project to visit business owners and orient them on the need to create wheelchair accessibility for the differently enabled. So far it has yielded result. 

I recall having a meeting with this guy that owns PrimeWash Laundry; one of the most sophisticated laundery service all across Nigeria. He immediately made a call and instructed wheelchair accessibility entrance should be added to all his business facilities. 

I also shared with @TraciC how the wheelchair accessibility campaign has influenced the Federal house of  Assembly in Nigeria to sponsor a bill for business owners to integrate wheelchair accessibility in the original design of their structure and also A bill that seeks to allocate 20% of available jobs in Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs) for people living with disabilities has passed second reading in the House of Representatives.

This is good news for the differently enabled in my country. Thank you again for sharing. 40E73997-2C3A-4C88-8B6D-024A7824CBDF.jpeg

Level 7

Hi @U-royFelixA this is really a good story to share, which has helped many in your country with Accessibility issues, I have come across very closely with this subject mater and it has touched me inside.

I am happy reading your lines and felt to share with you my story as well, please have look on Wheelchair Accessibility and Lesson taught by Gentle man on Wheels

I hope you will love this 😊

Do not forget to put your valuable feedback on the same, if you like to 🙂 

Cheers and Happy Mapping!

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 7

Hi @JillE I was wondering for some improvable leanings on my way sharing my thoughts and feelings about Accessibility Issues with all of us among the LG community, have got many insights and feedback's on the same and today I am here, I strongly believe and agreed  with you upon the points and method you have mentioned in this post, which helped me in understanding deeply how to!

Thanks for sharing Ideas and tips means a lot to me! Sorry I being a late to post and missed the day.

Further, I would like to share my passion here what I learned since become a Local Guide, please have a look on my posts Wheelchair Accessibility and Lesson taught by Gentle man on Wheels 

I hope you will love this 😊

Do not forget to put your valuable feedback on the same, if you like to 🙂 

Cheers and Happy Mapping!

Vasudeo

Vasudeo