Vasudeo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

These 3 Questions On Google Maps are Causing Revolutionary Changes Worldwide!

Hello and Namaste everyone!

I am delighted and grateful while writing this today!

Delighted because I am writing soulfully for a cause and grateful to Google that provides me with such a beautiful platform to express my feelings!

What are those 3 lines which I feel are causing “Revolutionary changes” worldwide; while guiding people on Google Local Guide Platform?

1. Wheelchair Accessible Entrance!
  2. Wheelchair Accessible Sitting!
  3. Wheelchair Accessible Parking!

wh1_1_original.jpg

All of us must have come across these 3 statements while accessing maps. One can’t easily figure out (while a few might have already figured it out); I am not challenging anyone’s understanding upon ‘Why those questions are asked almost every time?’

My agenda here, is to attend this subject matter, as I felt it from the bottom of my heart and as Google is also focusing on the same criteria by implementing such factors and helping the community. Check here latest initiative by Google Maps

Here are few facts:

More than 1 billion people in the world have some form of disability. This corresponds to about 15% of the world's population. Between 110-190 million people have very significant difficulties in functioning.

About 56.7 million people — 19 per cent of the world’s population — had a disability in 2010. With more than half of them reported that their disability was severe - according to a comprehensive report on this population released today by the U.S. Census Bureau.

(Information source - Google)

wh3_1_original.jpg

There are many organisations worldwide working so hard on accessibility, I felt this stands as an awesome opportunity to work on this venture with Google maps and help the community globally.

The reason why I am mentioning this today is; while on my way guiding, I observed many important places like private hospitals, clinics, ATM’s, swimming pools, event halls, beaches or other leisure activity centers; even residential and commercial buildings don’t have the special accessibility despite of Government’s initiative and guidelines for the physically disabled. I feel that somehow the message is conveyed to the entire community worldwide through Google Maps and us as Guide (as often we inquire or personally check for whether the facility is present and then notify it to the concerned people) that “Wheelchair Accessible Entrance, Sitting and Parking” is not only necessary but rather compulsory in the near future, I am happy and feel privileged while spreading this massage.   

The point is I strongly believe that these 3 statements on Google maps are causing revolutionary changes worldwide, that is why I started mentioning such things in my reviews without fail. And that’s my initiative done right there.

This is How I am Guiding Specially for Special people.

wh82page_2_original.jpg

“The strong reason that physically challenged people hesitate or are afraid to come out of their houses and go freely in public, at the same time the family members or the caretakers of the persons may also feel in same way.”

My slogan “Not a Sympathy, It’s a Duty!”

"Saying in mother-tongue  language “Chook Bhool Dyavi Ghyavi” – Meaning “Please Forgive Me For Errors and Mistakes if any."

So Lets Guide to speed up and freedom of Wheelchair's Wheels! 🙂 

Best Wishes and Happy Mapping!

Vasudeo 

Vasudeo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
44 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: These 3 Lines/Questions On Google Map Causing Revolutionary Changes Worldwide!

@Vasudeo

Great post!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 7

Re: These 3 Lines/Questions On Google Map Causing Revolutionary Changes Worldwide!

Thank you so much for your feedback! @TorM 

Vasudeo
Level 8

@Vasudeo  Nice post..

Level 7

Thank you so much! @Hyderali

Vasudeo
Level 10

Hi @Vasudeo

Very interesting article!

Last week while visiting one of my friends who had an accident and now have to use a wheelchair fir a beet of time, he told me that he just realized how important is those subjects. 

1. Wheelchair Accessible Entrance!
  2. Wheelchair Accessible Sitting!
  3. Wheelchair Accessible Parking!

His mobility have considerably reduce in Douala town because of that. 

Thank nk you for highlighting the importance of this to Local Guides that we are. 

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr
Level 9

Thanks for sharing your post @Vasudeo 

Ranjan
Level 7

Hi @nkwetche sorry to hear about your friends accident and current situation may he recover soon from this and bounce back to normal life, God bless him!

I am very happy today that you have joined this conversation deeply with true meaning and for supporting the cause, touched me, encouraged me to do it more effectively.

I felt delighted with your words, I want you and me to spread this news throughout the world of local guides here on this fabulous platform, sharing always increase our knowledge and self respect. So Lets start with new theme and inspiration here is the same link to share Let's Guide Wheels of Wheelchair!

Please spread it across as much as possible as I am doing my level best, but with hands together we can do more!

Once again Thanks so much for your valuable words and feedback.

Have a wonderful time ahead and good luck for you!  and yes wakawaka!

Vasudeo
Level 7

Hi @Ranjan_Kumar_Swain Thank you for your valuable words!

Let you and me spread this more, feel free to share and re-post this massage worldwide on this platform here on local guides connect platform worldwide, here is the same post for your reference: 

Lets Guide to Wheels of Wheelchair! lets share and spread! if you have loved and liked it in true meaning!

Vasudeo
Level 3

Hello,

Namastey! 

I'm New Here and read this first discussion and realized your post is amazing. nice keep it up going...