curreir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Lost reviews

Hello,

It's the third time that one of my reviews just disappears.

The first two times it happened, the system kept them in view for days, but they just couldn't be opened. Then it transferred one of them  in another header, eg from 'Violeta by Mango' to 'Mango'. I interpreted it as a coincidence and just rewrote the reviews. In the third, more recent case, the maps acknowledge in my timeline that I have indeed visited the place, but the review is missing. The last count I can remember was that it had some more than 250 views.

Now! I don't want to be paranoid, but three times is enough imo.

I tell you in advance that my reviews are in no way insulting, are based on observation and facts, are original, ie not copied from other sources, 99.9% of them are over 200 characters, so please, do not repeat to me what you said to other users about "high quality reviews".

Sorry about the lengthy complain, if you managed to read it, thank you very much 😊

Barcelona, Spain
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Lost reviews

@curreir Regarding reviews that might not be there, just sharing this potential similar post by someone else and the answer by TraciC our Google Administrator. Have a read on her reply.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-deleted-my-reviews/m-p/155765/highli...

The other thing I note is as there could be a name change, sometimes multiple different instances of a location may be present in Maps, and the duplicate location may have been reported and merged (in which case your review should still be in the merged location, depending on which location was merged with which). Can you still see that particular review in Your Contributions, under the Reviews Tab?

Level 8

Re: Lost reviews

Hello @StephenAbraham,

The response of the administrator you copied for me, has no similarity to my case. I don't use profanity, I don't plagiarize, I don't do duplicates. It's not always the users you know...and I have no intension in whitewashing them as a whole.

Neither do I insinuate that busy Google cares to invest time and money to randomly delete posts.

What I do say is that some out of the order things are happening. It's not only the reviews, there are also the frozen views count and  the uploaded photos who just disappear (no, they weren't duplicates!).

All I am saying is that maybe you also should check your system for cracks, through which the items slide out and escape... 😆

For the merging of two reviews under a single header, yeah, that could explain what happened in one of my reviews. Certainly, it doesn't cover the other two.

Thank you