paysin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Little Portugal in London

Hi there, 

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but I wasn't able to report this on the platform, so thought I should put it here. 

In London, there's an area around Old Street tube station that's marked on the map as "Little Portugal" (see link below). There is a Little Portugal in London, but it's nowhere near Old Street, and I can't figure out why this area is labelled incorrectly. 

The real Little Portugal is more in South London, on South Lambeth road near Vauxhall station - 

Any idea why the map is mislabeled? I'm sure there are quite a few Portuguese people that might be curious as well. 

Thank you!

London, UK
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Little Portugal in London

Thank you for reaching out @paysin. We will investigate and take any necessary actions.

Also, please note that I relabeled your post to How-tos, where you can ask questions or share tips for Local Guides who want to make more helpful contributions. To learn more about the boards of Connect you can check out the What are Connect topics? article.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@VasT 

Hi there, thanks for your response. Unfortunately it’s been more than a month since I posted about this and the incorrect information still hasn’t been addressed on the map. 

Do you think this is likely to change?

Thanks again!

Level 10

Two months now and this still hasn't been addressed. To load up the map and still see a giant "Little Portugal" over Islington is a bit silly.